Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #231 
LebronTheBetta

I've seen rams before, they're simply divine. lol That girl is a beauty! <3 Wish I can breed her, actually. And that's few years away. -.-

Do rams even get along with bettas? O.o That's a good price for a pair.

You have a lot of work to do.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #232 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep, Ram's are one of the most peaceful Dwarf Cichlids. They require very stable conditions and basically just an older cycled tank like mine. They like the higher pH and soft water, exactly what I have and the same temps as Betta's. Like most other fish excluding Betta's, they keep to their own and sort of meander around the bottom of the tank to middle,happily swimming where they please. They also eat the same types of foods.

So I think I'm going to go for it! I was going to get a pair at my LFS were I get most of my girls but it's not guaranteed to be a pair and I'd like a pair that's already bonded like these two are that I'm bidding on! Plus at my LFS they're selling them 12 (for me, normally 15) for just ONE not even a mated pair!!!!! So I'll be bidding on these guys I think! lol Shipping is only 15 as well And the fry that they do have will be food for my girls XD
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #233 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Just bid on the Rams!!! Holding out for 45 more minutes!!

So I've put White Stripe in with Rembrandt and White Stripe is the one freaking out, Rembrandt looks at him and goes "Meh..." he'll only threaten to chase if Stripe is right in front of him and even then, it's a half kind of like "I'd get you if I realllly wanted to....tomorrow maybe...." lol

I've seen MAJOR improvement with Tony and Steve! Both of them instantly colored up when they saw each other and danced for each other, it was the cutest thing ever! Baby Spot is fine but Blue Spot is kind of all over the place being a butt while Steve tries to get at him through the divider lol

Aero is loving the 5.5 except he doesn't seem to like being so far from me! But that's okay, he'll get used to it

And then Mercury is just like...."Hi...I'm still here....*sigh*" lol poor depressed fishie. Jarvis pooped again two days ago, woot woot! He's currently acclimating to a 100% water change, next up is Gambit and his 2.5. I'll be taking out his Java Moss because it's dying stupidly enough and then just rinsing the tank out because there's scud on the walls, so he's been due for a 100%.

So onto more water changes I go and then checking my bid in between to make sure no one else bids! lol
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #234 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Eeeeee!!! 8 minutes until the bid closes! I'm so excited!!!!! OMG I've wanted a pair of Rams for liek...EVA!!!! Actually only a few months since I was introduced to them lol but STILL, it feels like Forever!!!! lol I'm wayyyy to excited about this XD
Old 07-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #235 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I WON!!!!!!!!!!! EEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SoOOOOSOOSOSOSO Excited!!!!!!

Here's a picture of the two! First is female and second is male, they're soooo pretty!
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #236 
LebronTheBetta

They're gorgeous! :p You must be so excited you're biting your nails, lol. jk

They'll make beautiful babies! If only you actually wanted them. xD
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #237 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well I do want the babies but I don't have technically room to raise them in but if any fry do happen to live, I'll be happy to sell them to people around here! Just like if Baby Spot is actually a female Endler and the two of them breed, I'll sell the babies for sure! But I think she's more Guppy than Endler which makes me sad but I think both males have Guppy in them anyway since they do interbreed.

Well now that the suspense is over I'm going back to water changes, I've got an hour before lights out, so cleaning time for the 33! Wish me luck >.< lol
Old 07-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #238 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I'm an idiot........

Those rams I bid on....they had a BIN price >< The guy was nice enough to send me an email an hour before the auction ended but I didn't get it till after and he offered to take down the auction because it had a BIN and I failed to see it lol but I still got them for a good price, came to 28.98 with shipping all together! Not cheaper than my LFS would have been (12+12=24) but these guys I know are a mated pair and aren't going to tear each other to pieces! So I'm happy to spend an extra four dollars to get these guys, they're so cute!

I did some tank trimming in the 33 today, rearranged some of the wood and plants which is nice but I only did the left side....which means come Tuesday or Wednesday I need to do more water changes and continue my rescape of the tank which I think is going to look really nice and a little more organised than before which I like.

I've got dwarf Sagittaria coming in on Wednesday which I'm excited about! That will go in Rembrandt's 3 and in the 10 gallon and the rest will go into the 33 for a nice foreground plant! And then I also have the 12 Red Rili Shrimp coming in either Tuesday/Wednesday so that's partly why I'm doing the rescape to make them more hiding places so the girls won't kill them off instantly! I do hope some survive though

And then the Rams should be in about Wednesday as well, whew that day is going to be busy! I should definitely do the re-scape and water changes on Tuesday then. Sorry, just me planning out loud. If I say it on here, I'll most likely actually do it then haha

I've got pictures from today and yesterday so those will be up as soon as I sort through them!!!

Stay Tuned
Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #239 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I won this girl! She's so cute! I'm thinking about naming her after the artist Janet Fish after a chat with 10asartin lol I've already got Rembrandt and Matisse so at least it's still within a theme, unless I find a better name in the Marvel world for her, I think she'll be Janet ^_^

So this week I have coming in the dwarf Sag on Wednesday, I believe the shrimp will be here Tuesday and then the Ram's will be here either Thursday or Friday! I'm super excited so I've got quite the busy week ahead of me with aqua scaping and all!

I realize that none of my plants are really...tall, water sprite only get's so big, my amazon swords haven't grown much because they're sort of crowded and then what I think is some sort of Sagittaria in the back hasn't grown much either so idk what's up! Water sprite is blooming crazy and I can't wait for the Elodea Densa to grow up more too and make more babies for me to plant!

But my plan is eventually to get rid of the floating water sprite and just have some tall plants as well as the smaller ones. My goal is for that Amazon Sword I have towards the middle to be nice and tall and big so we'll see how that goes. But that's why I bought the Vallisneria, needed some taller faster growing plants and now i have them ^_^
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #240 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay...I swear I uploaded those pictures from last night.....am I blind or did they just disappear???