Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #261 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I'm glad I did save her though, she was a great girl

Well I've got six more girls coming anyway so I think my tank will be pretty set when I get them lol

One is a fancy orange, different from Amara but I forgot to save her picture, whoops.
Glowing White Dragon

Black Fancy DT

MG girl

And then this girl whom I'm naming Janet Fish after a lovely artist! It will be more pronounced as Jenet rather than the longer Janet if that makes any sense lol.

And lastly my breeder girl! Black Copper CT! Mmm she is gorgeous! Beautiful web reduction, quite a lovely spread, nice heavy irids and a great topline!

She will eventually be bred with this boy that my friend bought:

His topline isn't the best but at least it's smooth so she'll correct that. He's got a better spread than she does, same heavy irid but he's got white butterfly patterning! So we'll see how they come out! Both are two ray CT's so they ought to make beautiful babies if they take!! I'm excited!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #262 
Mar

Oh my God.
Your white dragon and copper CT girls are GORGEOUS.

Send them to me if you ever get bored with them xD
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #263 
Viva

Sorry to hear about Shadowcat :( Your new girls coming are so gorgeous though! I'm just in love with that black CT girl!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #264 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks!! lol Mar, I haven't even gotten them yet, how can I be bored with me?!?! lmao

Yeah, I'm super excited about that black CT girl! Literally those two were meant to be!

Soooo! My Ram's came in today and I got a free female as well!! And then my Drsfosterandsmith.com stuff came in as well so that's awesome and then the shrimp came in today as well which I'm severely disappointed with. They were advertised as 1-1.5 inches......none of them even reach .8 inches!!!! I'm like, where the HECK am I going to put them so they don't get eaten before the grow uP!?!?! So I think I'm either going to have to keep them in with Tony (I feel bad for him) or keep them in my 1 gallon kritter keeper without a heater.....maybe just floating in the sorority....sigh....I don't know what to do with them!!! but there's a lot more than just 10 in there so in that way I'm pleased.

Hopefully pictures to come tonight of everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #265 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So the Shrimp Slaughter wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be. Tony got one and is trying to eat it but it's not going so well lol poor shrimp was still living even after being tortured and shaken and bitten by Tony. Steve accidentally has three in his side but one is between the dividers (smart one) and he chansed the other two, both went into the gravel and now Steve can't get them lol but they're still alive. I figured I'd get pictures now while they're still living.

There are two bigger ones so I'm hoping at least those live to go into the sorority tank but I have a feeling none of this will really work, good thing they weren't too expensive! But so far the other shrimp are doing fine.

Ram's seem to be loving the tank! Girls don't even care about them any more which is great! Pictures to follow sometime tonight most likely.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #266 
BettaLover1313

I'm sorry to hear about Shadowcat, you gave her a great life away from that Wal-Mart cup.

Your new girls are gorgeous! Definitely want to see any fry from those two Black CTs!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #267 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks BettaLover

Yeah! I can't wait to see how the fry come out!!! So exciting!!

I can't wait to get my girls too! We'll be going to get them August 23-24 so hopefully all will go well!! ^_^ I'll be getting pictures up soon, they're sorted through and uploaded, now I just need to make the post lol
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #268 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So up first are the boy's.

Gambit some how bit his anal fin and his ventral fins!! How the heck did his manage this!?!?! I have NO idea!

Also, I don't know if this is much a difference but his irid has stayed blue now instead of green, he's seemed to really colored up with the KanaPlex I'm using on him. Today is the second day and will be dosing again as per instructions ^_^ Hopefully it will help his tail and his anal fin. Silly boy!
Look at him! He's like "Wut? I didn't do nuthin!" lol

Got to say though, gives him quite the look! Lol it's like his own little hair cut XD Styled and everything!

And comparing to just a few weeks ago, his anal fin is definitely getting better minus the bites but we'll see what happens lol

Aero being a royal pain in the butt that he normally is haha

He's such a beautiful boy

He's so stuck up! hahah such beautiful colors too. He's beautiful and he knows it!

Just Mercury being his beautiful Copper self! I love the contrast between his greenish body scales and the rosy fin colors! Even his pectorals are rosy and tipped with green colors!

Ram's when I first got them, the poor dears were so stripey!

Male is the bigger one in front, and his two females.

Getting used to the tank:

The Male

They've already eaten some pellets and frozen BW's so that's a good start!

The male and his breeder female

Emma seemed protective of her Ram's since they were mostly in her territory lol She's claimed the Vallisneria since Shadowcat passed.

Cherry came up to inspect lol

And this is the tank as it is now! I was worried that I might not have enough space to plant 30 Dwarf Sagittaria.....I think i did just fine XD And I put some of the fake plants I got in the back as well, they look really good in the tank and really fill it out!! I'm very pleased with them!

A Harley spotting!! She's been coming out more often lately, I think she's finally settled in and happy. She's also grown quite a bit as well!! Here she is hard at work!

Cherry is very protective of her lovely pet snails lol, such a cutie!

I'm going to save the Shrimp Slaughter story for the PetCo baby journal so I actually have something to post there lol so if you want to read about it you can go over there ^_^
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #269 
BettaLover1313

Gambit has such a unique coloring, and of course Aero is very handsome! Love your new Rams and the pictures of your girls! Particularly the last one with Cherry and the snail!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #270 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks yeah the Ram's were much more colorful this morning when I peeked in! So hopefully I can get more pictures of them tonight/tomorrow and see how they're doing! But so far they seem to really like the tank so I'm happy ^_^

Yeah, Gambit definitely caught my eye with his vibrant colors! He will be up for adoption when he's a little better lol

I love Aero, he's just so purty! I'm glad I picked up that drab looking boy in the store! He's turned out to be quite the stunner! His mask is still filling in, not as quickly but still filling in. I have a feeling he will also have scaling over his eye when he's older which is unfortunate but that's how Dragon Scales go

And Cherry, my lovely darling! When I saw that I was like, No way! This is too perfect! And she sat still long enough for me to get two pictures and then zoomed off to face the Ram's lol but it looked like she was hugging Harley, way too cute to pass up!! lol And this is why she's my favorite ^_^