Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #361 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay! Pictures of the sickly ones first! haha, it really isn't that bad though.

So this is Rembrandt's spot, sorry the photo looks funny because it's the edge of the Mini-Bow 1 so the curved tank doesn't make him look great XD But the spot is on our left side, his right. It's between his mouth and his eye and when you see it in life, you can actually see the hole in the middle which is his face vent that it formed around. Currently treating with PimaFix in the 1 gallon, heated.

Figure's is both of my darker fish so it's hard to tell! But here's Mattie, her spot is on her left side, our right side looking at her. And she also has something on her mouth that actually looks like she was bit and someone tore a little piece from her mouth which I honestly wouldn't be surprised since she is the bottom of the pack, even lower than Asteroth or the new yellow girl, so that's interesting!

And she's got spots on her back where she hit something, most likely an ornament or rock or something, it happens quite often but she heals up quickly so I don't know if she's just klutzy or if someone is chasing her into them which, both could happen haha.

Aero: "Hi-Fin bro!" lol

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!! The Dwarf Hairgrass is growing!!! like A LOT!!!

It's growing really well in Ditto's 3! I ordered a new light for his tank since his is most likely quite old, I bought a 6,500K T5 Fluorescent so I hope it's not too bright for him, he seems quite sensitive to lighting and to water changes. Whenever I do a change it freaks him out so I just have to be careful is all.

And his tank as of right now. I hope to pretty much let the DHG take over and I'll leave the back high and trim the front down eventually. I'm really excited that it's actually growing! I'm using API root tabs and 1 drop/gal of SeaChem Flourish.

Ditto himself

I love his little yellow splashed eye's! he's so cute ^_^

And it's hard to tell and hard for me to get a picture of it, but his left pectoral fin is smaller than his right one. I believe he must have gotten into an accident or someone ripped off his pec when he was younger and grew back a little clumped and ragged. So he's my Nemo fish but he does just as well! You can see in this pic if you compare his right fin (our left), you can see it just looks wider and then when you look at his left fin, it's just smaller all around.

And Gambit's anal fin and ventral fins are growing back reasonably well! Nothing but clean water and Stress Coat for him!

Classic Jewel picture of course, every post needs one! haha

Lynx looking as ragged as ever, she's healing up though. Her caudal looked a lot worse before.

And Amara being Amara haha

And Asteroth. You can't see it in this picture but her tail is growing back really well! It's all clear growth so far which doesn't show up on the picture well but it's there

And Lady being Lady! I love how metallic her scales are, almost like aluminium foil XD haha

Emma blinding every one again as per usual. And I'm fairly certain that Amara is not the girl that was in the auction picture but maybe a sibling.

Regardless of color you can see clearly the picture has more dragon scaling than Amara does and I've had her in all sorts of light, she doesn't have scaling on the bottom portion of her body like this. Also this picture's girl's anal fin is longer, this girl is an HM where Amara is only a Super DeT and Amara doesn't have the scaling on the cheeks like this picture. Regardless, I do love Amara but I fell in love with that blue dragon scaling with the orange under color and that's why I wanted her.

Amara

Lynx, Emma and Lady

Emma blinding and Mattie sad in her little cup again lol I swear that girl needs to be in a cup more than she needs to be in a rice paddie up in Thailand >.<

And that's all those pictures I have for now. Onto the Baby Betta Journal!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #362 
Huffle Puffles

Aww, I hope your fishies heal up really fast.
*gives Aero a hi5!* That's an adorable photo.
All your pictures are beautiful. I love Ditto's tank, wanna come do mine for me?
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #363 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol as long as you order the plants Huffle! Sure I'll come scape it haha

I hope my DHG spreads out really nice and fast! It's been doing so well so far so I'm really excited to have grassy tanks!!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #364 
BettaLover1313

Hope that Rembrandt & Matisse heal up quick! I love your sorority girls so much! They're just gorgeous!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #365 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aww thank you BettaLover!! I love looking over to my sorority and goin; I made that ^_^ it's definitely a good feeling!!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #366 
Viva

Amara is stunning! I really need a orange betta one day, I went for the solid yellow female instead though when I did my big AB order! She does look a little different from the pic but still amazing looking none-the-less. My girl Spark seems to have some scrapes/missing scales on the top of her body too but they do heal very quickly...still not sure what is causing it. It seems to have gotten a lot better ever since I took the weird shaped Mopani driftwood piece out which my dragonscale girl Harlequin got literally trapped in and died :( It was horrific -_- ANYWAYS she is also near the bottom of the pecking order along with Cleo who unfortunately always had some nips and tears which is sad because I LOVE her solid copper color :( I hope your fishies heal up quickly for you! Emma is looking shiny as usual, she's so cute!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #367 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Viva! Yeah I think her scrapes are due to the vase ornament I put in since I didn't do anything to it except rinse off before it went into the tank but those kinds of wounds heal up super quick so I'm really not worried about it Both Matisse and Rembrandt are on their second dose of PimaFix today and Remmy is doing wonderful my little trooper! But Matisse has done lots of hanging around, I wonder if she's bored because when I come over she brightens up and starts swimming around. The PimaFix might be affecting her as well, I'm going to do another water change for her tonight to see if more water will help her out. She's sitting in a cup right now since I really don't want to float the 1 gallon :-/ the daily water changes on the cup is easier for me.

lol and yes, Emma is quite shiny as per usual XD She's got such a STUNNING personality, she's quite BRIGHT for her age as well haha....see what I did there?? XD I just ate so I'm happy and kind of silly XD
Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #368 
Mar

Your girls are all lovely <3
Once again, your plants are as gorgeous as ever!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #369 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Mar ^_^
Old 08-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #370 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So....I just bid on this girl: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1376780926 she's in the US and one of those girls that I've been looking for for a long time!!!! My girls are going to kill me