Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #31 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Woohoo! Caught her on the second try! Alrighty, off to the LFS now!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #32 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Alrighty so I went and traded her for a cute Anubias Nana plant. I know my LFS is totally overpriced on everything (they wanted 10 dollars for ONE Orange Neo Shrimp.....yeah not buying shrimp there) but the plant was so cute and looked like it was doing well so now I've got that in my tank and found a cute little white snail that hitchhiked! I kind of actually hope my girls don't eat it and that it can either grow or multiply but I have a feeling they'll take care of it since they readily took care of my snail infestation before ><

Anyway! I'll get some pictures up soon! Off to my dad's gf's house for movie night! She's making corn chowder just for me since I'm allergic to all seafood! lol she's so sweet and we're watching Despicable Me! I love that movie!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #33 
logisticsguy

Oh I love Despicable Me and cant wait for the new one. Im 50 and like *kids movies* the most. I need some grandchildren soon so I have somebody to go to my movies with. My kids are "grown up" and like different kinds of movies than I do lol. Yes Im very immature in some ways. Ive never had corn chowder, let us know if it was good.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OH...MY....GOD! The corn chowder was AMAZING! I mean, it was like cream of potato soup with bacon and corn in it lol, but it was really good! Of course I can't have real chowder--sorry, need to say it in my RI accent; Chowda lol anyway since I'm allergic to seafood but no biggie for me ^_^

So anyway I've been so busy! Had a wedding to perform at and they didn't pay us as in the three people in the choir >.> laaaaaaaaaaaaame and then went shopping with dad and now I'm here, hopefully will get some commissions done because I'm a tad behind. I've been so overwhelmed with everything that it seems I can't get anything done!

Anyway though I did do water changes on both 3's, the 2.5, 5.5 and the 33 today. Only one I didn't do was the 10 but I did that on Wednesday so it will be fine til next Wednesday. I decided that Jarvis needed to start his fin rot treatment now rather than wait for the new boy to be done so I got one of my Petsmart cups out and when I mixed up the water for the 2.5 I acclimated both Jarvis and Matisse to the new salt water. Yeah, Matisse is my little bicolor black/yellow girl, she's got something that looks a bit like columnaris on her lip and a slime just above her eye so into the salt she goes!

Shadowcat is still in QT as well and will be until next Wednesday most likely. Mystique and the AB girl were still duking it out over Alpha spot but Mystique ain't going no-where it seems haha, so I'll wait till that settles down to introduce Shadowcat since she seems to want to challenge as well and Mystique needs a break. Poor girl's got torn fins all over, so does the AB girl but I want them to heal before another is introduced, so for now water changes every other day

I think that's it for now, super sleepy but I hope at least I can get some of the commissions done and then get the pictures I got up here since I was supposed to do that Friday >.<

Oh! yes! Despicable Me 2! I can't wait!!!!! I love that movie so much and I'm sure number 2 is going to be great too!! I love Gru, he's so awesome and such a sweet villain haha I love the song too "I'm having a bad, bad day, it's about time that I get my way. Steam rollin' whatever I see, huh Despicable Me!" anywhoooo yeah, I'll hopefully be back with pictures later ^_^
Old 06-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #35 
Mar

Corn chowder is so good <3

i LOVED the soundtrack for Despicable Me. It really differed from these usual ones you see in cartoons. Realyl nice :)
Looking forward to Despicable Me 2
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay need help with this, does this look like Ich or Columnaris? I've got my bet on Ich but I could be wrong I think. Anyway I've up the temp to 85-86 anyway.

and here's a small one on Jewel under her dorsal and she's got one on the other side as well.

Oh and I QT'd Matisse because she seemed to have some columaris on her mouth and some slime between her "nose" and above her eye. So I fed her some Omega One pellets today along with everyone one else, today is the second day in 2 tsp/gal salted water. And she literally vomited all the pellets. Like normally I know they can spit out pellets but she injested them and then about 3 minutes later she started to cough them up, it was really weird....so after I changed her water I gave her two NLS and she kept them down. But here's kind of a time line of pictures of her, she also had stingy poop so I'm like great, internal parasites too or has she just not been eating then if she doesn't keep down the pellets??

More pics from where she after started to vomit all the pellets, all the white stuff is the pellets and you can see her poo from the day before.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #37 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And now for a random photo dump mostly of the girls! Because I take too many pictures! lol First up is my little rescue boy!

And now for girls!

Pineapple!

Stardust was jumping and she kind of landed face first into the water sprite haha

Emma wriggled her way through the Frog-bit to see me!

Lady peeking out

Jewel after she jumped and landed on the water sprite lol

Stardust and her blue pectorals!

Little Blue

Aurora

Oh yeah and the little Anubias Nana I traded for!

And my girls at the poor little cute snail that came with it darn girls, can't have anything nice!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #38 
kvw1988

Your girls are all so cute! Now I want one lol, just one though, I think a sorority would make me a nervous wreck lol
kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #39 
LebronTheBetta

Emma is so pretty! Is her head actually out of water? And you do have a lot of plants! 0-o
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #40 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol yes her head was actually out of the water, Jewel was out of the water too XD little stinkers they are!

I know I have lots of plants but I'm always looking for more >< no idea why since it's basically a forest anyway! lol but...yeah....

Thanks all! Sororities actually aren't as bad as you first think when you go to do one, I was nervous at first too but now I'm like "pssh, they're fine" it's kind of like when you've got kids, at first you get all nervous and then after a while you're insensitive to everything XD lol