Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #471 
Huffle Puffles

What beautiful pictures and fishies! Love Jarvis's coloring, it looks like fire. The pic of the marble girl poking her head between the cups is adorable! Hope all your sick fishies get better super quick. Still love your tank! Glad to see I'm not the only one forever changing theirs. XD
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #472 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hehe yeah....I'll probably keep this set up for a while minus taking out the fake plants when I get real plants again. I like how the driftwood is set up here and so do the girls so I think I'll keep that at least

So....Stardust jumped last night well, she jumped right into my water changing bucket >.< she's fine but she definitely went into a little bit of shock. I got her in a cup and she's floating in that right now, when I checked on her this morning she was alive and fine; albeit a little clamped and there was a little chunk missing from her tail. I just hope she didn't injure something internally.

Matisse has more of her anal deteriorating....I have no idea what to do for her! She's gotten more pale in area's and was clamping her right pectoral last night, now both her ventrals are nearly missing as well. But otherwise she's still as active as can be, bright in color where the illness hasn't effected her....I need to make a new thread for her to see if there's anything I can do So far I've tried AQ salt up to 3 tsp/gal, Furan-2 for 5 day's and MelaFix *note* not all at once. I think I want to try KanaPlex as well since it's definitely external, it's not parasites but seems to be more bacterial so an antibiotic should help...as long as she's not too far gone already. Sorry to babble, things click when I talk.

Remmy is still mad at me for being in the QT tank, Lynx is not ticked off beyond measure that she's in a cup again, Raven couldn't care and Little Blue is annoyed to the high heavens! She looks a little bit better though. I want to take her off salts and just use MelaFix to heal up her anal fin and hopefully those chunks taken off her scales as well.

False MG girl still has velvet but I haven't really paid mind to her and I feel terrible about it I don't have any anti-parasitic meds for her except for AQ salt but that won't hardly work. I'll have to see if I can find some copper-based meds today at the shop. And True MG girl seems to be a bit better. What I thought was columnaris was just a stupid bunch of scales on her that are different colors than the rest, it's that way in her auction picture too so I guess it's just a little deformity or something, it's kind of weird. But her eye's look a little better.

Aero loves the 3 gallon on my sidetable. Mercury is still flaring at Jarvis and Jarvis doesn't seem to be getting the message lol or maybe he is and just doesn't care XD Gambit is fine but seemingly lonely since I can't spend as much time with all these sick fishies around! >.< So he'll need to go to his new home soon once I find one. I'll put an ad up for him and Ditto soon although I hate saying goodbye
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #473 
Viva

Omg Stardust you naughty girl! All my girls jump around at feeding time and I'm always afraid one will jump out...particularly Cleo the solid copper girl. I put a pinch of food in and then shut the cover quickly before they can jump out, haha. I hope she's okay! I hope Matisse and the girl with velvet make a full recovery. I'd give you some of the extra meds I have but unfortunately teleportation doesn't exist yet and it'd be faster just to go and get some at the shop =p
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #474 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm just going to crawl up in a ball now and cry.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #475 
Elsewhere

Aw, Lil, I'm sorry you're dealing with all these sick fishes :( I hope they get better soon!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #476 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Elsewhere.....So I just found out that I may or may not have a strain of Columnaris that is bacteria resistant. Also.....Amara has Callamamus worms which is why her ovaries basically disappeared....I hope the other's aren't infected. I can't deal with this right now.

I nearly had a mental breakdown when I learned that the two things that could help my fish were Triple Sulfa which I'm highly allergic to and then Hydrogen Peroxide, I won't be able to treat them till Saturday...maybe Matisse isn't looking so hot right now, Rembrandt has gone lethargic, Raven's spot looks like it's sort of drying up but looks better. None of my fish were handling MelaFix well so took them all off that. I bought Cupramine for the false MG girl and her velvet so she's currently in a 1 gallon under a blanket.

And I'm pretty sure I'm hallucinating but I thought I saw a spot of the columnaris come up on the black CT girl we're breeding and I'm just like NOOOOOOO....why the hell do these things happen?

Thank god for my cat MC who immediately came up, sat in front of me (I was sitting on my bed), reached out his paw to sit it on my knee and then pressed his head into my hand to make me pet him. He kept that up for a good ten minutes before he hopped up on the bed to lay next to me, paw still on my leg. He's such a good kitty cat.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #477 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OH! And I forgot to mention that the orange Marble Girl, yeah the one that I really wanted? Yeah, she died. FOR NO APPARENT REASON!

I checked parameters in her cup, ammonia was up a bit as expected since she was in a CUP. Room is warm so everything is at a comfy 78-80. No signs of Velvet, Ich, Internal Parasites, other external parasites or nothing! The only thing was the day before she was clamped but when I came around she was excited for food.....why....why does this happen
Old 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #478 
Elsewhere

Aw, Lil, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I hope it works out in the end :(
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #479 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Today was the cherry topper on the lovely ice cream cone >.> I found out that my "grandfather" has been going into my room after I leave for school to turn off my clamp lights. At first I thought they just weren't turning on since the other tank lights with regular hoods were still on. I realized today that it's because he doesn't know how to turn those off but the clamp lights are easy. I tested out the electrical stripes and sure enough they came on when it turned on.

I was topping off my 33 earlier before I realized what he'd been doing and he came by to go to his room and stopped his stupid shuffle walk and said to me "You're going to have to get rid of your tanks, I can't afford it" Grow some effing cahones and just ask me to help pay the bill. But nooooooo, that's too simple and too human like for a stupid introverted person like him. What a complete words-I-can't-say-on-here!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA I'm so friggin' frustrated! As if going to college wasn't hard enough! I actually do work in my major, it's not ALL fun and games!

On some lighter news everyone else is doing well. Raven and Firestar escaped their cups after they sank >.< Firestar was unscathed except one loose scale but otherwise only a few nips to her anal fin. It's been two weeks as of today, actually two weeks and a day and they've always floated in the tank so the girls were pretty used to them and didn't really care about either. So they are in there happy now.

Right now the only cup I'm floating is my marble girl who I've decided to call Princess Mononoke lol, she's got the perfect colors and all! But she's definitely more like a royal princess rather than a princess of wolves but that's okay! I like the name and the colors match so I'm happy. The other ten million cups are sitting under a blanket with the false MG girl's 1 gallon QT treating her velvet with Cupramine. Yesterday was first dose and tomorrow morning I will add in another drop and do a water change at night.

So Raven, Matisse, Little Blue, Lynx, True MG girl and Rembrandt are all being treated with KanaPlex now. Rembrandt has perked up quite a bit and I'm sure I'm just seeing things but it looks like he's a little better. Mattie still looks pitaful but she's still alive and kicking; eating like a pig. Little Blue, Raven and Lynx hate the cups but oh well, they'll just have to deal! MG girl is fine either way.

I was hallucinating when I thought I saw a spot of the columnaris on the Black CT girl and nearly flipped out yesterday since I had enough.

Black DT girl is still happy although she hates her cup but she's healthy and that's all that matters. Amara still has worms but I can't do anything about them since I don't have any dog dewormers so hopefully I can find some to treat her with, I really don't want to lose her too Orange is my favorite color.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #480 
BettaLover1313

I hope everyone gets better! Sorry to hear about what your grandfather's been doing/saying; he's really unbelievable with all that he does and says to you.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote