Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #481 
Huffle Puffles

Geeeez! Sorry you're having to deal with not only sick fishies but a pain in the bum relative. Also, really sorry to read that your orange marble girl died. :( Keep your chin up, hopefully everything smooths out quickly!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #482 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thank you Huffle and BL1313, it does mean a lot to hear things like that. I'm just so done with all of this. I just broke down in front of my dad and I hate crying in front of him, I'm sure we all do but I just don't deal well with things like that. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm debating telling mom that I'm just going to bring all my fish tanks over, or at least buy a 20 gallon long to keep in the basement, divide for Steve, Tony, Hawkeye, Aero and Rembrandt; hoping that Ditto and Gambit can find homes soon. And then just have my sorority and the 5.5 under the 33 if it's needed and then just pay her electricity bill since she will actually ask me and work with me and I like my mom. I hate my grandfather, I've never dispised anyone this bad before but I do, he's not my grandfather and I am not related to him. I'd really like to disown him from the family.

I had to lol a little bit there because all I could hear was Mushu from Mulan going: Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your family! lol

Everyone is still alive right now so for that I am happy. Rembrandt has perked up much more, he seems to like the KanaPlex. Tony and Steve are flaring at each other, Hawkeye has grown like tenfold. Ditto and Aero are just being Ditto and Aero lol. The girls are good, Asaria and Firestar were accepted into the sorority no issues so far. Stardust's fins are growing back after her jump. Plants are doing okay even though they've spent almost all their day's without light....I'd REALLY like to NOT lose my Dwarf Hairgrass again :-/ >.>

So we had our first football game today, woot woot! Surprise we lost /sarcasm. We always lose but THE BAND ALWAYS WINS! lol We had a visiting band actually, they were nice! Not all visiting bands are nice so that was a great change up. We did really well with our Pre-game, Half time and Post game shows! Right now Halftime and Post game is the same show but once we learn another show, our first show will be Post game and half time will be the new show so that everyone can enjoy it all.

Anyway, got to run to CVS because I tweeked my ankle again while marching down so I need a good brace!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #483 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry for the trouble you've been having with your fish. And your 'grandfather ' should have discussed his concerns about the electricity before now so you could have arranged a payment of some sort. My SIL showed us the water bill while we were staying there. It was only $15 more and er tried go pay her but she wouldn't accept it. Why show it if you don't want payment?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #484 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm sorry for the trouble you've been having with your fish. And your 'grandfather ' should have discussed his concerns about the electricity before now so you could have arranged a payment of some sort. My SIL showed us the water bill while we were staying there. It was only $15 more and er tried go pay her but she wouldn't accept it. Why show it if you don't want payment?
My 'grandfather' is a legitimate introvert and hates confrontation. The thing is, my dad offered to pick up the slack on the electricity and stuff when we first moved in in 2007, the offer was denied but was arranged that we could just supply the food and fix whatever breaks. And so we have been.

It's not about the money for him, well at least not the most of it. It's the fact of the matter that he hates us being there because he wants everything to himself. He's such a greedy, selfish, buttface. He literally cannot even speak to us and when he does, it's extremely awkward. It doesn't help that he's extremely hard of hearing but refuses to get hearing aids because of his pride and that's exactly what he told the traveling nurse.

So it's just purely the fact of the matter but even still, it extremely upsets me. I know why he does this and I know it's hard for most people to understand. I do understand him but I also can't stand him lol. It's a difficult and complicated situation. On one hand I feel bad for him, on another I don't at all because he can move, he can get up and do things but he just doesn't. He's extremely lazy and arrogant. I haven't hugged him since I think I was about 7 and refused to do so afterwards; I loved grammy though, she was the best. Well I do have to take sides and say that my Memeire is the best haha, but if Grammy were still here it might be a little more equal. Miss you grammy

So I've decided to invest in a 20 gallon long that I will be setting up at my mom's house in my room. I've already talked to my mom, we've worked everything out and it's all set to go! See...that wasn't so hard >.> But anywho, Lucillia is helping me get the tank and then I want to divide it for Steve, Tony, Hawkeye, Rembrandt and Aero. For the moment I still have Mercury and Jarvis, not sure when they'll be actually going to their new home. But I just got a person interested in Ditto, ugg this is so difficult. I've never had to say goodbye like this before; at least purposely sending him away! I've had pet deaths and family deaths and friend deaths but this is so completely different! I don't like it.

Anyway, tank will be split into 5 so they each get 4 gallons, it's an upgrade for all of them! I want 40 pounds of Eco-Complete substrate, black of course. All my plants will be going into that tank (not the plants in the 33 of course) and then will keep the 5-15 filter on one end and probably get another 5-15 for the other end since I don't really need that much filtration but the aeration is nice to get the water in the middle moving. Might also do the 5-15 in the middle, baffled with two Marineland i25's on each end, right now I already have one so that will only be one filter that needs to be bought. I'd use my ten million Tetra Whisper 3i's but I don't want to deal with the airpump, just such a pain in the tushie.

Then my lovely clamp lights, might try to find a way to rig them so I can hang them that'd be cool! So that's my plan of attack for right now, hopefully it works

Pictures will be up later when I find the time and finish sorting through.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #485 
Elsewhere

Ooh, exciting news, Lil! Can't wait to see pics :)
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #486 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay finally getting pictures up since it's been the last four days of hell apparently! So these are from the last four day's or so, might be since Thursday, not sure.

Phoenix

Lynx wasn't really happy but oh well.

My marble girl whom I've dubbed Princess Mononoke! Duly suits her lol

Stardust wasn't doing well, but she looks much better today.

Pineapple and the Black DT girl who actually has a red dot on her back lol

Gambit, nearly there!

Firestar, Asaria and Mononoke are all in the tank now.

Mononoke when she was still in her cup

She's got black lining on her mouth but it's only one side, so one side she looks grumpy and the other happy, or at least just not grumpy lol

Stardust getting better

Cherry being Cherry

Okay maybe it looks like she's actually happy here haha

K, these I know are from Today

Gambit still needs a home!

This is his flare by the way haha

*Le gasp!* You are not real!

Mononoke happily in the tank and so far no issues.

Asaria trying to challenge Mystique, oh what a fatal mistake haha

She looks all cute and sweet...

And then!

You turn your back!

Asaria challenging my Secret Alpha; aka Cherry.

And Cherry dishing it right back!

Other Marble girl, I love her light blue! So pretty

Mononoke

I do believe this is Boss Ram

Group shot!

And last but not least we get Ditto's tail because he's a butt and didn't want to turn around for a good picture.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #487 
Elsewhere

Don't mind me, just drooling over all of these pictures... So gorgeous!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #488 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

hehe, thanks Elsewhere ^_^ I'm glad my camera worked itself out and I found my Macro setting! that was the biggest improvement and now I have amazing light in the sorority tank that my pictures come out well at the bottom of the tank! Whereas before it was difficult to get Little Blue in her natural habitat on the bottom of the tank XD lol
Old 09-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #489 
BettaLover1313

Gambit looks wonderful! *glares at Merlin* He's healed up nicely! Love all the pictures of the girls! It's good that you were able to work something out with your mom so that you don't have to worry about your grandfather doing things to your tanks.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #490 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Gambit looks wonderful! *glares at Merlin* He's healed up nicely! Love all the pictures of the girls! It's good that you were able to work something out with your mom so that you don't have to worry about your grandfather doing things to your tanks.
He's still up for adoption hint, hint! lol I'm sure Merlin and Dragoon would kill you though XD But thanks! His tail still needs some work but it's working itself out on it's own, eventually it will push off all the black edges and grow out like new so I'm just waiting for that to happen now

Yeah, I had sort of planned to do this a while ago but I didn't want to burden my mom but I fear the next thing that he's going to do is shut off my electrical strip and screw my entire eco-system over! It's bad enough I've had plenty of plant die off! For some ungodly reason one of my Java Fern's died! Like wtf? It was a more fancy java fern, not lacy but almost felt like it but one by one the leaves all rotted.....wut? so I'm sort of frustrated with that. But right now I've got an order in with plantedaquariumscentral.com and I'll be getting: 1 Green Cabomda bunch, 1 Purple Cabomda bunch (now that I have high lighting), 1 Bacopa Carolina, more Alternanthera to see how it does, more Water Wisteria, Hygrophila Corymbosa and 1 dwarf lily bulb which I want in with Tony since he has nearly nothing in his tank, poor boy!