Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #41 
Viva

Omg they're so gorgeous! I love the purple :)
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #42 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Omg they're so gorgeous! I love the purple :)
I have a purple?!?! Where?!

Oh! You mean Stardust? The one with the tail end peaking out when she jumped? lol, she's actually blue grizzle but it's super hard to get her true colors. i guess she does look purpley huh? Helps that I have a red fluorescent light >< ugg I hate that thing.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #43 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Why don't you name her "Absolutely Beautiful" or "A.B." for short?
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #44 
Viva

Yes I was referring to Stardust...she definitely has some lavender in there somewhere! I can see it I tell ya!!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #45 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah Stardust has a pink/white under color with the blue grizzle on top making her a purple color which is nice since her twin Aurora is just white with the blue/red fins ^_^

Lol, thank you for the suggestion Russell, I think I will stick with my theme though. I just haven't looked at names yet since I'm so busy with everything else!

I had 27 threads to read through this morning!!! uggggg, so much! oh and plus 9 PM's and 1 profile notification lol

On a good note I'm almost done with my dad's cover art and then I can relax a bit with my commission since they're a heck of a lot easier to do!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #46 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well did water changes for Jarvis's 3 gallon, new boy's 2.5 and the babies 5.5

I did the 10 and Rembrandt's 3 on Wednesday and so tomorrow will be the 33 for a good 50% change that it's due for. Ugg this weather is killing me and my fish though

The girl's tank was up at 90 yesterday! I went "Yikes!" and went to grab a few baggies of ice to melt to bring it down. Thankfully after it was down to about 85, it stayed there and today it's settling at 83-84. Guess I won't have to worry about Ich, right? lol

Oh and Mystique mysterious white bumps have gone, I think it might have been a half bitten off scale. The AB girl had a scale that was coming off yesterday and it did fall off. I had put in the Wal-mart girl; Shadowcat on Wednesday. She's quite aggressive and territorial, if by a month comes and she's still like this, I'll be putting her up for adoption because my sorority does need this bull lol

Mystique is still fighting for alpha with Shadowcat, AB girl has stepped down to accept Beta for her position which she seems to be doing well in. She's still very excitable but not in a good way. I had come over to clean the 5.5 which is underneath it and she was breathing very heavy and erratically swimming. After a few she did calm down but she'll do this throughout the day but I find no illness in her.

The rescue boy is doing great! I can see his anal fin is regrowing it's lost ray and the fin rot is slowly disappearing! It was weird though, I had cleaned and put in 5 dried Oak Leaves (two of which are in different tanks now) and the tannins were fine, that's what I wanted but he had this weird mucus coming from what seems to be a nostril or what I've come to know as a face vent. But it was almost like shedding slime coat, but it was clearly coming from those holes! They did fall off and since I've taken him off salt it seems to be better. So I don't really know what's up with that but he seems completely fine and unbothered by it! He also flares at the siphon XD It's so cute, he literally hates that thing!

Jarvis still has fin rot bad, I used a cup and salted him for 3 days but he wasn't doing well so back into clean water he goes and I'm just going to try and do daily if not every other day cleanings on his tank :/ It's difficult because it's an MarineLand Eclipse 3 that I found and the stupid thing has this plastic bar running across the top so I can only technically siphon one time and then have to pick it up quickly to siphon the other. Oh and all my plants kind of get in the way...whoops but either way, fresh good water came today for him!

He's still bloated and I tried an experiment where I soaked a BW in .25 tsp of ES water in a cup. He took the first one no problem and ate it down, that was Wednesday. He still hasn't pooped, still feeding him though. And then yesterday I tried .5 tsp of ES and he wouldn't eat the worm so I had to take it out. But again, he doesn't seem bothered by it so we'll see what happens :/
Old 07-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #47 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay! So I've come up with some possible names for my AB girl! They are as follows; Solarr, Lynx, and Lionheart. I'm leaning towards the first two, mostly Lynx though for some odd reason. All three are Marvel characters in origin so it fits either way ^_^ I usually pick names based on colors that the characters wear most often or sometimes it just fits.

And you know what's funny? I named Aero, Mercury, Stardust and Aurora after different things like color and space-y stuff and come to find out they are also Marvel Character names (not that they don't have a boat-load or anything) but I thought that was hilarious! So I unknowingly kept my Marvel theme with my names! The only ones who aren't Marvel related now would be Ditto, Cherry, Little Blue, Pineapple, Matisse and Jewel. lol too funny!

Anyway, thought I'd take you through a tour of my tanks.

First up is the 10 gallon! Split three ways for, and are in order of; Aero, Ditto and Mercury.

I had Ditto in the leftmost section but he was freaked out by the small internal filter I had there so I switched him to the middle and look what he made me!
A very beautiful bubble nest indeed! First one he's really made before!

Next to the 10 is Jarvis's 3 gallon a Marineland Eclipse 3 that was given to me

And Rembrandt's 3 gallon next to my bed on the side table.

And all three of those:
Oh and the draw with the cloth sticking out of it is my "fish" drawer lol

Rescue boy's 2.5 although this is with the LED lights on it because I was taking pictures of him. It normally has it's hood on with the icky incandescent light ><

The 33 gallon sorority:

The 33 and the 5.5 underneath

All three of them together, excuse the mess of stuff lol

So just random pictures now of most everyone

Here's Mercury

Aero has been interesting lately, his cheeks have gotten lighter blue while the rest is darkening and the green on his anal fin is becoming more prominent. I also found he's got blue irid on his pectorals! Can't see it in this picture but believe me you that it's there ^_^

And rescue boy:

His anal fin is getting better!

Debating the names Daken, Gambit and Falcon for him

Girls! Jewel, Pineapple, Emma, Mystique and Cherry

Aurora in the center, Stardust to the right of her, Cherry and Jewel behind her and Mystique towards the front

Matisse is still in the cup doing better and holding her food down now. Emma next to her, Phoenix and Pineapple

And Lady being herself XD haha

I also bought two Nerite snails today because I NEVER see them around here! They're in my 33 right now but I'm worried they're going to climb out my 33 and the 10 don't have lids or hoods. The 10 will eventually have something but the 33 is going to be extremely hard to find for. I figure I'll get some plexi-glass and have home depot cut it to shape or something since it's a flat-back hexagon. leave it to me to find something so odd shaped!

Anyway, just because the name struck me (don't know why or anything since my dad has a motorcycle that I passed on the way in with them )

This is Harley!

And that's Davidson lmao

I'm not to blame for their names XD I usually don't name inverts or anything like that but considering it's just a pair, I figured why not! lol I'm crazy I know XD
Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #48 
BettaLover1313

Your fish are simply stunning! And love the names of the snails!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #49 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Your fish are simply stunning! And love the names of the snails!
Lol thank you very much! Yeah I grew up with Harley's as my dad has almost always had one and I walked by it as I went in the house and I was just like "Lightbulb!" lol
Old 07-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #50 
Viva

Awesome tanks...so jealous! The 33 looks like it has a hood on it..it doesn't? I really love all the plants you have. I especially love Rembrandt's terracotta pot with the plants growing on it...what is it?