Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #501 
BettaLover1313

Congrats on the plants and new female! I hope everyone gets better!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #502 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks BL1313! I sure do hope so as well. I still have some hope left for Matisse but it's growing thin. She wasn't clamped today though so that's good! I didn't really check on the others though.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #503 
Catw0man

Can't believe you're going through so much with all your fishies! Well, I can believe it cuz I've been there at times! Sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong at once. Sorry to hear that the orange girl died!!! :(
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #504 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
Can't believe you're going through so much with all your fishies! Well, I can believe it cuz I've been there at times! Sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong at once. Sorry to hear that the orange girl died!!! :(
Yeah, its been one rough week! I was super sad that the orange girl died though since I really wanted her if you see another like her on aquabid or anything, can you let me know? Im totally willing to spend my entire bank account to get her! Well actually, I'll have my student loan very shortly lol.

It always sucks still though and I definitely know you know as well. It really all does happen all at once! Never really thought I'd be in this position before, subconsciously though I knew it was just a matter of time but no one wants to think that way
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #505 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

This is what Mattie looks like as of last night

And here's how the sorority tank looks as of right now with more plants again! Yay! It's not definitive where the plants are going right now, I mostly just set them in with their weights so that they could get used to the water first and then plant them after they've had a few day's. They've been in since Monday and I think I'll let them simmer till Saturday

Cherry my lovely girl!

Mystique was loving the dwarf hairgrass and was digging herself a little "nest" here in front of it lol, silly girl!

And Lady

All I have right now but I should be able to get more pictures tonight while I'm changing cups and doing Hydrogen Peroxide bath's for all the sick girls and hope that I can just stop this stupid disease!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #506 
Viva

This columnaris you're battling is making me super paranoid about my girls! Every little missing scale I see is now like a super crazy disease in my mind, lol. I would hate to have to battle such a scary, contagious disease. You are doing all you can and I know your girls will be fine! Matisse looks like she is still fighting to live, don't give up on her! Where did you get the directions on doing the Hydrogen Peroxide baths? I would just like to know for future reference, always like to learn along the way.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #507 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It was my own fault that columnaris got in in the first place. I knew Matisse had something funky going on with her mouth a long time ago but I was ignorant that disease would get in and eventually with enough stress the columnaris attacked and worsened her already existing case. Columnaris is one of those diseases that's already in the water column and it waits for fish to get stressed out and then attacks. But with proper QT time and taking someone out the moment you see anything to address it, you shouldn't have an issue.

Also Rembrandt has had this patch on his face for a long time as well and the same thing happened; I was ignorant although I tried to treat with AQ salt for a few day's and it did nothing except make him miserable. Although he's been super sassy to me lately in his 3 gallon QT tank and the kanaplex lol.

Oh my partial EE girl came in today! She's super adorable!!! In love already!

And Viva, I'll PM you the links since they're to a different forum, that goes for anyone who wants links to the bath's as well.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #508 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh I just realized that I'm over 500 comments now thank's all!

So I put in the Black DT girl today after being floated in the tank for 3 day's and all is well! Although she keeps going into Pineapple's terracotta pot and well...it is PINEAPPLE'S pot and she keeps chasing her out but she keeps going back in >.< oh she'll learn one of these day's lol However Aurora is following her around and chasing off other females who try to nip at the DT girl lol, it's too cute! They totally play favorites

So did water changes for all the girls, did one for Rembrandt as well and in the process of doing one for Gambit however the kitchen is since occupied by my "grandfather" so I'm not going out there till he's done is all.

The girl who's battling velvet is doing amazing! She's showing absolutely no signs of velvet but I'm continuing the course of the treatment for the full 14 day's since I know how persistent this disease can be!

Mattie and Little Blue are in the H2O2 bath at the moment, Mattie is mad and LB is absolutely furious lol. BUT all of LB's open sores are now healed up! She's working on her fins now so I hope she also makes it through!

I've found a tentative home for Gambit and real home for Ditto who will be shipped out next Tuesday hopefully. Mercury and Jarvis are hanging tight until my friend get's her tank set up but I have a feeling it might be a while, so I got to text her to remind her is all. I've explained cycling but she didn't quite grasp it and I don't expect people to on the first go around since it is difficult to grasp at first but once you realize and it clicks, it really clicks! So I'm sure it will click for her soon

And my partial EE girl came in today! She's so cute! And fiesty! They're all feisty when they come in though, she'll tone down eventually. But just going to start her on KanaPlex as well with everyone else since it can't hurt her, well it can but not at the dose I'm dosing at lol. I'd rather not risk anything anyway.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #509 
Huffle Puffles

Congrats on all the comments! Your journal is not only entertaining but very informative as well! :D

That's is VERY cute that Aurora has made a new friend. ^_^

I'm very glad to hear that everyone is starting to get better!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #510 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Not everyone but some are getting better. Matisse is still deteriorating but I'm doing my best right now and she knows it, she's not happy about it but she knows and she's trying to keep up as well.

I'm glad it's informative! Yeah if you guys ever have questions, feel free to ask! I like to converse and stuff ^_^ PM'ing or here is fine by me

I don't know if I'll get pictures tonight because basically after my water changes, I'm headin' straight for the hay so maybe tomorrow.