Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #561 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol yes, they are stupid fish right now for being sick XD haha

And on that note, I'm sort of sick too I've got post-nasal drip I think, my lungs hurt so much along with deep in my throat. Not the back of it, but more just where the neck meet's head and a very dry cough....le sigh. Yesterday I took two naps, TWO! One at 11:15 to 12:45 just in time to wake up for the USPS man to come a knocking at our door and pick up Selkie. Then again from 3:20 to 5:40.....yeah I slept a long time. Then went to bed at 9 because I was still tired.

I woke up somewhere around midnight I think to a horrible dream but that was because my dreams were telling me to WAKE THE EFF UP YOU'RE NOT BREATHING! Yeah...I've got sleep apnea as well, a minor form of it at least. But that was the first time something like that happened and the part that woke me was horrible and I can't repeat it here because it's actually rather gore-y. But I woke up and instantly my lungs hurt from not breathing and I was like taking in quick breaths trying to get myself fully awake and breathing right again and trying to come out of the scared mindset that my dream put me into But I was finally able to go back to sleep.

Today has just been lungs hurting and a dry cough although I think it's all just from post-nasal drip really.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #562 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

"Red solo cup, I fill you up! Let's have a party, let's have a party!"

lol yeah today's my 21st bday party, woot woot!! Thankfully the weekend and not during the middle of the week >.<

All fish are still alive! Selkie is happily swimming around her tank as is the black CT girl, she really loves the dwarf hairgrass and swimming through it ^_^ it's super cute! Haven't looked at Rembrandt under the light yet but I should do that soon. Aero is chilling in the 2.5 gallon until I can get the 3 gallon stabilized although I think I'll just throw Remmy in there and sterilize his 3 gallon QT to put Aero in there for more space until I can get the 20 gallon long up and running at mom's house.

Baby boy's are doing fine, Hawkeye is still building his bubble nest and oogling in the black CT girl besides him.

Mattie is still alive, girl that was battling velvet is doing well. Sorority girls are fine, Mystique's anal is starting to decrease with the disease. Ram's seem unaffected and other girls seem happy.

Mercury and Jarvis are still going at it, Mercury flares and Jarvis just get's his fins bit through the divider....going to have to double that up eventually.

Ditto and Gambit arrived safely and soundly at their new homes! Both did not fin bite and are already adjusting extremely well to their new homes! I'm very glad for that and the fact that I packed them so well and tightly. I think not being jostled around so much and staying more warm than when they get shipped to a store really helped out and all. So yay for me and my excellent shipping skills haha.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #563 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I've got some pictures of Selkie now in her new home well just new place lol same tank. I've moved her to my mom's house so there's no worry about cross contamination from shared equipment or anything! SHE WILL REMAIN HEALTHY DARN IT ALL! lol So anyway just got some pictures of her for you.

Look at the fat little face!

Oh whoops, think I offended her...

Really though it's such a--Oh! Whoops....that's not Selkie...that's a fat spotted Harbor seal! haha

lol I couldn't resist, sorry-not-sorry!

Her extremely bare tank....sorry! I'll get decor soon I promise!

And located in the living room! Mom wanted to keep her down here after she basically fell in love with her XD She was playing with her and stuff and even fed her a pellet XD lol too cute, I just hope she doesn't get overfed. Mom's good with that stuff though and will follow my direction even though she really wants to feed her every second of the day XD But I hid the food so she can't haha.

And just a cool shot from above from my sorority this morning before i left ^_^ Marble girl and Firestar.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #564 
Mo

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I love those females that you have! They are soo pretty. Dragons are my favorites! Nice pics BTW!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #565 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, thanks Mo! Yeah I do love my dragon girls I like Firestar though, she's the red with partial dragonscaling. I think I tend to prefer partial DS'ing over full sometimes depending on colors even if it does make the scales weaker, I still think it looks beautiful!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #566 
Huffle Puffles

Selkie is so cuuuuute, omg sooooo cute
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #567 
Mo

Yeah, Some of those black dragons with partial dragon scaling are amazing. I hope I get some of those too out of my Black/Blue dragon spawn.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #568 
tilli94

Quote:
I think this marble girl has stopped marbling for now since she hasn't gained any more blue on her body, I've got to come up with something that's half and half. I wanted to name her Denim inspired by another member on here with a similar dragon named Denim but I couldn't steal the name. So I'll just think of something else.

You could call her Levi!
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #569 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ooh, didn't think about jean brands! I did remember though that my childhood friend had a dog named Levi...I don't think I could name a fish after being with that dog...he was a good dog just not treated well and I'd feel bad

I don't know if I want to name any of the newer girls though since there's still a chance that I'd be euthanizing them all anyway, you know? I'm pretty content right now just calling them "girly, girl, little lady, ladies, etc." but that is a great idea, thank you tilli! ^_^ if names just come to me like Selkie's did then that's one thing but actively thinking about a name lol, that's too much work XD
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #570 
Quinn

OMG I WANT SELKIE! SHE IS SO FAT AND CUTE!!!!

Kdone.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote