Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #51 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Awesome tanks...so jealous! The 33 looks like it has a hood on it..it doesn't? I really love all the plants you have. I especially love Rembrandt's terracotta pot with the plants growing on it...what is it?
Nope the 33 just has two lighting systems. The first came with it, it's a fluorescent light stripe with the plastic strip underneath and then an LED lighting system up front that is sort of just chilling there lol

And the plant on the terracotta pot is actually Java Moss. I'm not sure how well it will do, but so far it hasn't died XD But he likes to pick at it and lay on it, so I count it as a win ^_^
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #52 
Viva

Nice! I hope yours fairs better than mine ;( Mine lasted a while but then for some reason it just died once I put it in my smaller tank. I think it was a little warmer in that tank than the other one. I still have some left on some driftwood but its literally like a few strands and that's it lol. I also can't keep hornwort alive which makes no sense to me :(
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #53 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks! Yeah so far it's doing fine, it's been in there for two weeks now-ish. I have more in my 5.5 if I need haha and in the 33. I have a bunch tied to driftwood, and then I have some in Jarvis's tank that isn't doing well. it was tied to a rock but it wouldn't attach so it's kind of just floating now which is fine.

Yeah I found that most mosses do better in cooler tanks but I can't help that much in the summer time. My 33 got up to 90 the other day! I was liek Yikes!!! but all good now ^_^
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #54 
TheOnlyCanvas

Your sorority tank is so awesome! I love all of your girls! How many have you got in there?

Maybe some day I'll have the resources to set one up. I'd love to have a big sorority.
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #55 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

TOC, I've got 14 in right now and 5 on the way ^_^ Maybe I'll round off to 20 since 19 is a weird number haha. Thank you!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #56 
AltheaGlyndwr

So you know how I have that one girl I was calling pearlie colored? Well I named her Layla and looking through your girls I find that she and Aurora look extrememly similar and their colors and patterns almost match. What coloration/"style" is she if you know what I mean?
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #57 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheaGlyndwr View Post
So you know how I have that one girl I was calling pearlie colored? Well I named her Layla and looking through your girls I find that she and Aurora look extrememly similar and their colors and patterns almost match. What coloration/"style" is she if you know what I mean?
Ah yes ^_^ That's a cute name!

They would be considered tri-color, no real pattern. The pearly color is a light blue/white iridescence placed over the initial white/yellow-ish scales on bottom but yeah, just a tri-color red, white and blue
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #58 
AltheaGlyndwr

Score~ I feel better actually knowing what to call her XD color type and name. I really love your girls, I can't wait until I can get a bigger tank to make a bigger sorority. But at least I know that I can easily almost instantly set a cycle up in a new tank to make it very quickly habitable by the girls :D Just use some set up from my 10g and add plenty of live plants!
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #59 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Exactly! ^
Old 07-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #60 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

AGHGHGHG I just typed this WHOOOLLLE thing about lights and upgrades and the darn internet closed out my tab but when I reopened it, it didn't save my writing sometimes it does so that's why I tried but I guess I'll tell you all about my upgrades later. Too infuriated to write that much again lol