Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #751 
Viva

Gah your troubles with this illness are literally almost mirroring mine :( I really hope some of your afflicted girls pull through =/
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #752 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
Does that mean necropsy soon?

I think at a certain temperature mycos die, so you could bake it... I could be wrong though. I'll get back to you on that.
Raven is too small, I'm waiting on Mystique since she's nice and big, it will be easier to perform on her. Her slime coat was building up this morning. Going back tonight to bring my little brother home and check on my fish as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Sorry about Raven.

Can I put a baby next to him? All of my girls will be in the sorority. I won't risk putting a male next to him. If the baby turns out to be a boy, I'll move him out, but it is likely that s/he will be adopted out by the time it reaches his size
Oh he'll be fine with any fish, boy/girl/baby, doesn't make a difference to him. As I said, he's very passive and almost takes out his aggression in a passive aggressive way lol It's kind of funny really. Just double up the mesh/divider so it makes it harder for them to bite through, that will happen with any gender of fish so don't worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsfish View Post
I hate losing fish! It just breaks me
Enjoy your new fish!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Gah your troubles with this illness are literally almost mirroring mine :( I really hope some of your afflicted girls pull through =/
I actually feel the opposite, I just want to take this tank down and completely restart. There's no way that I'm putting these fish in other tanks even if they do survive, most likely the disease will follow since it's internalized by now. But I'm sorry about your girls as well I know it's not fun, especially in the beginning stages/middle stages.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #753 
PetMania

Okay. The dividers I use have small enough holes that they can't bite through, but have terrible ventilation, so I'll have to make them bigger. Anyways, he will probably be sharing a divided tank with my very mellow male, Zeus.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #754 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, I sometimes double up on plastic mesh/plastic canvas. It makes it so that it still has the nice big holes for the circulation but makes it thicker so they have a harder time sticking their mouths/fins through the holes to bite and whatnot ^_^

Uploading pics from yesterday today. I was way too tuckered out after the game yesterday of which we lost: 36 to 13 lol but oh well. I think I mentioned that already but meh, w/e...I'm sleepy.

Mystique came to my mom's with me tonight because she's already pineconing and that's my sign to get the ball rolling, she'll be euthanized in the morning and I'll be getting to school earlier to do my necropsy. Classes start at 8am in the particular room in which I'll be doing this so I hope it goes quick enough. Watching her right now she's having issues with her swim bladder and staying down or swimming in generally really. Doesn't help that her pectoral fins are deteriorated soooo she basically doesn't have much to propel herself, poor girl she hated the ride over, that's for sure.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #755 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG, I was literally just going to hit reply with all my pictures and I accidentally hit another window and lost everything..ggaaaaaaahhhhhh I give up! Posting pcitures tomorrow because I'm freaking exhausted and now aggrivated. Night all.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #756 
PetMania

Well, it looks like Jarvis won't be sharing a tank with anyone afterall. Well, at least for now.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #757 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's fine Pet, yeah I saw your post about not getting the females :-/

So Aurora, her twin Stardust and Phoenix which are the last of my original group, have been very bloated lately, almost like organ failure but they don't seem effected by it at all. I've seen them poop and it's been fine, same brown curly kind so idk what's up with them but I try not to feed often, the whole tank only eat's maybe 3-4 day's in the week which I kind of feel bad about but at the same time, since they're all sick it doesn't seem to matter anyway.

Anywho, pictures of Aurora

Her scales are also raised in some places like by her tail where the end of her swim bladder would be and right behind her pectorals.

Phoenix before eating :-/

Stardust, her wounds from jumping have not healed either, her fins did but not the scales, they've turned yellow.

What Mystique looked like before euthanizing.

*Note* Mystique's scales look super pretty under the microscope.

Asaria seems to be happy lately

Mononoke is terrible at taking pictures, she's always so darn blurry!

She's such a bully but not really, she doesn't nip but she will plow fish over if they're in her way lol, she doesn't hurt though. But I love her blue! It's a real blue!

And this is the tank as of right now....it looks so....barren :-/

Black CT girl's 3 gallon, grass is growing nicely

And Rembrandt's tank which is nice and GREEN lol, but the grass is growing VERY well here!!

And the monster himself

LOOK AT ME I'M PRETTY!

Keep looking I'm still PRETTY!

*Pant* oh man, being pretty is hard work!

You can't see me!!!

Catseye is doing well, she's got a pretty blue sheen over her scales. Unfortunately she seems to be developing cataracts in both eye's, definitely in her left eye (one pictured here) but I think also in her right eye as well.

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img407/9977/5ppb.jpg[/IMG

Annnnd, yeah I need to trim her side of the java moss :-/ it's got this horrible algae on it that my snails won't eat apparently, I have one Ramshorn and many MTS.

Aero's got a boo-boo on his head but otherwise is still super feisty and silly!

His tank as of right now, I switch it around at each water change basically.

So those are all the pics I've got for today well minus some of Raven who was half dead but I didn't feel the need
Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #758 
Chachi

Great pics!!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #759 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Chachi ^_^
Old 10-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #760 
MattsBettas