Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #941 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

"Peppermint" snail!

Ram: what IS that?!?! It looks different than my other things that crawl on the glass! Hmm...weird....*swims away*

"My shell could use some calcium!"

"I look angry here! Grrrr!"

"Up, up and away!"

Well my dwarf lily looks great!

Ugg look at all that BGA! My larger Ramshorn, I've had this one for about four months now! Only about 3/4 the size of the Mystery though.

Dead snails

That Ram is a camera hog too! Poor Halloween lol, Ram doesn't bug him though so that's great!
[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img202/1023/mezi.jpg[/IMG

"I do not approve of all this algae!"

"Look at my beautiful face, it's filling in!" Yeah, over your eye too >.> looks like much later in his life it might grow over his eyes.

He takes good pictures usually

Beautiful blues with a teeny bit of red on his anal.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #942 
Phantom Miria

Wow, you're dwarf lily does look great! Also what kind of snail is that? I don't know snails well but he/she is really pretty!
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #943 
BettaLover1313

Aero is looking very handsome!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #944 
Huffle Puffles

Your new snail friend is so cute! Aero is handsome as ever, I love how with the flecks of red and tealish color his fins almost have a tie-dye quality. :D
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #945 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks all! The Peppermint snail is a Mystery snail, bred from a Magenta and Ivory colored shell is all. The seller is sending me 5 more actually, just had to pay shipping so it was only 8 dollars so I didn't mind. I really wanted these snails! So hopefully the other's will survive, we concluded that whoever was delivering them had put them on a heater and it just got too hot in the box. When I opened the box it was like a heatwave escaping, it was so bad! So we'll try again.

Yeah, Aero is interesting. That red only shows up in certain ways that he moves, otherwise he looks like a solid Turquoise with darker blue edging his fins. He almost has a yellowish wash in a butterfly pattern but the red ruins it and I wish he didn't have it. I liked him better as a solid Turq, but oh well. He's still handsome.

Speaking of handsome, Hawkeye built a huuuuuge bubble nest! He's got Kit-Kat on one side who isn't sexually mature but he's attracted to her still and then Aero on the other for competition so he's building it as fast as he can lol. Kind of funny really.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #946 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I swear my "grandfather" KNOWS when I'm doing water changes and I need to get new water because he's almost always out in the kitchen >.> I still avoid him like the plague!

So just did a water change on Rembrandt's tank and took out the driftwood even though that seemed to be his favorite place but I like the look without it. I want to build up my wisteria background because I only have one stem that looks actually good and the othre three are sort of partially rotted. Hydrocottle is coming back well though.

And now that the tank walls are clean Remmy can see his reflection in all of them and is currently going nuts with it >.< geez, he's going to be the death of me I swear! Water is cloudy now but once it clears up I can take some pics o show you guys. I also trimmed the grass to make it all mostly the same length and get rid of most of that awful algae growth. It was mostly in the grass and on the surface, not in the wisteria though.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #947 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I moved Charlie to the 5.5 finally, had to do some other things first but he loves it! Warmer than the 3 gallon he was in before and I can't wait to finish off my room and get those tanks set up so he can have 10 gallons!! woot woot!

Remmy is being a grump since I took out his driftwood but oh well! he can suffer! muhahaha! lol that's mean.

Aero and Hawkeye are competing with bubble nests and Aero is loosing badly in the height department but his spreads much further than Hawkeye's who mostly goes up straight, it's huge 1 inch mound of bubbles!!!! Kit-Kat is just confused haha.

Algae growth has been rediculous in all my tanks except the 33 so I think I'm going to do a 3 day blackout for this Sunday-Wednesday since I'm sick of the BGA in the 5.5 and in the 10. Marineland 3 has regular diatoms still and green algae and then Remmy's 3 has just fluffy stuff which I have a nice picture of. I did clean it yesterday so there's no film yet but I can already see the growth of it in the grass O.O

Pip in the 2.5! Yeah, excuse the algae and poop, that was before I cleaned it lol.

"Oh flora how I love thee!"

He's colored up tremendously since he's been home! Also his tail is still growing so I think he's a young giant!

Only issue now is that the light washes him out >.<

Shhh I'm hiding!

Aero being the handsome devil he is!

Remmy's tank now

That little stick part isn't part of the algae, that was a dead piece of grass it was growing on.

Last edited by lilnaugrim; 11-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #948 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

O.O My pictures are SMALL what the.....image shack has been messing with their things lately >.> so I apologize, I'll try to figure it out.

EDIT: forget it, I'm too tired :-/

Last edited by lilnaugrim; 11-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #949 
PetMania

Snowbird arrived yesterday! Thank you so much! She was alert and well.

Here's a pic of her in her new tank,
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?a...ictureid=95378
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #950 
Fenghuang

Just wanted to know lil' Miss Unnamed arrived today too (well, yesterday since it's almost 2 am xD). She's a little faded from shipping, but otherwise completely fine. She is absolutely adorable. Thank you!
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote