Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #961 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

No offence... But you're about as good at cutting off outside contact as me! XD
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #962 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol I totally know! I was online while the stupid program would load, then had to load 255 pics so that took a while so I'd surf.

But I decided to completely stop my animation and go painting instead. I figure that it's really not feasible for me to make 3,520 frames for next Tuesday when I'm seriously just sitting at 255.....so instead of making the full thing, I'm doing like 15 paintings (much more reasonable for me) of varying sizes and doing fragments. As long as I convey motion and animation, I'm good to go! I'm still playing off the idea that I was doing for the animation so it's not like I'm thinking of something entirely new.

So I just painted up five of the canvases, these ones are smaller and will be at the beginning of the series and then tomorrow I'm going to spend a long time in the studio at school. It will be nice to actually get back in there though. I like the physical painting much more. I love digital works but it's more of the hobby of the hobby and painting is much more tangible and I like to be able to touch my work. So I'm much more happy and much less stressed than I was doing the animation. Seriously, I was like nearly jumping out of my seat this morning at our frat meeting. I was like jittery and so freaking stressed it wasn't funny. But I'm much better now I'm glad I switched and although I wished I did it earlier, I still have a good week and two day's to get this done!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #963 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I'm much happier with the project change! I'm already half way done with the song and I've got eight canvases painted! Granted two of them are 5x3, four are 8x10, two are 11x14 and one is 12x16 so far. I have two more 11x14's, one more 12x16 and four 16x20's. I think I'm only going to use one of the 16x20's though but that's cool!

Oh, so this video is so cool! It's my sort-of-home town, it's my dad's home town and we live in Charlestown, but we're only 1/2 mile to Westerly haha. Also Taylor Swift lives in Watch Hill which is part of Westerly which you can see in this video! I'll name some things for you to watch for if you want to watch.

http://vimeo.com/80072598
Starts off in Down Town Westerly, Pawcatuck River.
:20 is the Wilcox Library, our town Library! It's the yellow building with red accent.
1:20-ish he starts to fly over Wilcox Park
1:33 a look out of the park and to the developments
1:43 the Westerly High School (I didn't go to this one, they were my rivals lol)
1:50 the Westerly Marina of course.
1:56 the start of Watch Hill
2:04 Watch Hill Lighthouse!
2:20 Down town Watch Hill
2:28 Misquamicut State Beach! My favorite RI beach I'm also biased though since I live 10 minutes from it!
3:03 is Winnapaug Pond next to Weekapaug lol, it's right across the road from Misquamicut and the ocean. Yeah, sorry, us and our Indian names!
3:15 Rocky Beach! Many good childhood memories there!

Hope you enjoyed the view of my next to-almost-hometown! lol And if you didn't watch, well boo to you! okay back to work I go!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #964 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That was very well done. Your sort-of-home town looks beautiful.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #965 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks! In the beginning you can see one of the area's that one of my LFS's is in lol, it's behind the Micheli Furniture building haha. Can't see it, but still fun. It's my good LFS but it's better than PetCo or PetSmart.

So my body says "You've been in the studio for 8 hours painting....please stop or I will force your arm to fall off."

where my mind says: "Pssssh, it hasn't been EIGHT hours! I can totally keep going and finish the last two-three paintings!"

ugggg....I'm a little exhausted right now lol but it's a good feeling to get this project out of the way so I can work on commissions again and get money!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #966 
Rosencrantz32

Wow you live in such a beautiful place!
My poor desert mind was confused. "Wow, look at all the green!!" and "Look at all that water!!!" were a couple of the thoughts I had lol
It's amazing to me that people live so close to a beach. I've been to a beach... maybe... 4 or 5 times in my life. The vastness of it still amazes me. Living so close to one must be awesome! I'm jealous lol
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #967 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh that part is fine, I organize them all by date in a "Photography" folder on my desktop but I like to integrate my photo's into my text here and you can't do that if you just simply attach them to the reply since I usually like to talk about each picture and I personally hate when I have to read, scroll down to see pic, scroll back up to read, scroll and so on. So I use an image hosting site like Photobucket, Imageshack and whatnot and then I can put them right in the text box ^_^
Instead of just attaching them, you can click on the little paper clip once you upload them & insert the pictures anywhere in the reply. In my journal, you can see that mine aren't all at the bottom even though I upload from my computer.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
DerangedUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #968 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz32 View Post
Wow you live in such a beautiful place!
My poor desert mind was confused. "Wow, look at all the green!!" and "Look at all that water!!!" were a couple of the thoughts I had lol
It's amazing to me that people live so close to a beach. I've been to a beach... maybe... 4 or 5 times in my life. The vastness of it still amazes me. Living so close to one must be awesome! I'm jealous lol
Thanks!!! It's always funny because I know I take the beach for granted, living near it my entire life but I really couldn't imagine not living near some sort of large body of water. Granted, I don't go swimming in the ocean as much as I used to, but I love going to the beach towards 5-6 in the evening in the Summer because A) no one is there, B) sunset's are gorgeous C) the beach is amazing and D) I don't get burned >.< I burn super easy with my Irish/Scottish skin sooo yeah....beach during the day is bad for me. I don't tan either, I just get red lol.

One day I will be able to sponsor a trip for all the BF members that want to come up to RI and we can chill at the beach and go find Taylor Swifts house and do a whole bunch of Rhode Island things haha. It will be a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedUnicorn View Post
Instead of just attaching them, you can click on the little paper clip once you upload them & insert the pictures anywhere in the reply. In my journal, you can see that mine aren't all at the bottom even though I upload from my computer.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Interesting, I will have to check that out, thanks!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #969 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay let's try this, I think I'm doing it right.....lol

Charlie!
Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  51.9 KB

Charlie and his new Peppermint Mystery snail lol the poor snail was holding on for dear life, although he stayed like that the rest of the day. Earlier the Mystery was sitting side by side with the Ramshorn, almost seemingly talking over a nice lunch of algae lol
Name:  IMG_0020.jpg
Size:  69.6 KB

Another great picture of Aero!
Name:  IMG_0056.jpg
Size:  58.8 KB
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #970 
Mo

Beautiful fish!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote