Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #11 
thisismydesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
Your baby betta is so cute! If you don't mind me asking what type of tank is your 45? It's pretty cool looking.
what do you mean? Fresh or salt? It's fresh acrylic.
thisismydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #12 
thisismydesign

So, I tried to put Hannibal in the 10 gallon tank

Everything went well as I slowly got him acclimated to the warm 79* water. I put him in after about a half hour and he loved exploring his new home.

I then went to the bathroom for a few minutes and came back to check on him. HE HAD SQUEEZED BETWEEN THE DIVIDER AND THE TANK WALL!! I hadn't thought the tiny gap was big enough! But it was and he was gorging himself on the oto cats' chunk of algae wafer!

The pig is now bloated from eating too much! At least he got his veggies.

I'm putting him back in his 3 gallon tote with a 1 gallon dose of Epsom salt to help with his tummy. He's currently acclimating back to it right now.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #13 
thisismydesign

If I can get a decent picture of Hannibal's tail would anyone like to help me try to ID his type?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #14 
thisismydesign

I decided to move Mushu into the 10 gallon. His fin for is almost gone so I figured that since I have to change at least 3 gallons a day due to cycling it would be clean enough for his fins to heal. The water is also warmer in there so that will help him a bit. If I need to I'll put him in a salt bath for an hour or two everyday to help him out. Now both of my heat lamps can point towards Hannibal and warm his tote. Hopefully the ceramic bulbs will be enough to help him grow. I'd really like to get him in the 10 soon as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #15 
thisismydesign

I'm not sure if Mushu is doing well. I put him back into the 10 gallon last night and he stayed mostly at the bottom. I thought it may have been the stress of the move despite being acclimated, but this morning he's still down there. When I turned the light on he was at the surface, but then he went right to the gravel.

His fins look better though. Most of the black on the edges are gone.

Maybe it's the filter's current. If he's still down there when I go back to my room I'll switch him to Hannibal's side (which has the heater, not the filter) and see if that changes anything.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #16 
blueridge

Ooops my bad I meant to put what brand is it?
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #17 
thisismydesign

I have no idea. My parent have had it for A LONG time. It going up on 20 years I think.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #18 
thisismydesign

There was a wicked thunderstorm right over my house today. I turned off all the electronics in my room, including my tank's heater and filter so the fish didn't get fried. Good thing I did because we had some lightning go through our lines.

Mushu still isn't acting right. I wish I knew what was wrong.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #19 
thisismydesign

Mushu isn't eating right now and is staying in a little barrel and doesn't want to leave it. 8(
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #20 
thisismydesign

Mushu has gotten worse and I'm starting to think it's an internal bacterial infection. He got sick while in warm, lightly salted, clean water. I can't afford medication right now and home treatment would just be continuing the water treatment he was in before.

I don't know what to do for him and am wondering what's best for him at this point.