Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #1 
labloverl

Tropical fish for 10 gallon?

What fish and how many can live in a cycled 10 gallon?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Platies and guppies come to mind. Even better, endlers. I don't know how you would stock it though.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #3 
labloverl

Can endlers and guppies be together? Can they live in the same type (chemistry) of water that bettas do? When I had a betta in the 10 gallon, I changed 50% of the water once a week. Would I stick with that?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yes, if it is cycled and properly stocked 50% a week is fine. Guppies and endlers can be mixed but they will interbreed. What is your hardness and ph?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #5 
labloverl

Not sure on hardness, but the pH of regular tap water read 6.6 However, I was thinking that it was around the normal range, but maybe that was when I was testing the tank water???
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #6 
labloverl

What would be the stocking options on neons(cardinals, glow lights )? I want something easy to care for. If ingot endlers or guppies, could I get all males? How many mollies could fit?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #7 
labloverl

I ended up getting 8 male guppies for the 10 gallon. Could anything else be added? I would love mollies, but is there room?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #8 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
I ended up getting 8 male guppies for the 10 gallon. Could anything else be added? I would love mollies, but is there room?
I would probably stick with the guppies, personally. Mollies usually like brackish water and grow pretty large. I think you'll really enjoy your tank even with just the guppies, those little guys are so fun lol.
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #9 
labloverl

You might be right. :) What is the max number of guppies I can have in it? Could neons be added? I just love community tanks, and hate to only have one type of fish...
Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #10 
Chevko

I had 6 males for my own 10 at first, but we wound up taking back one of the boys around day... 12-13 because of harassment :( If we didn't have Honey, the mystery snail, and Bowser the betta, we'd prolly get more guppies (or I would anyway).

I'd leave it at just the guppies, maybe two otos. More than 8 guppies is pushing it, imho. You could prolly do about 4 kuhli loaches, though. I've heard they've got a really low bioload. If you do look into them, they really need to be in groups, I bought a pair and I really feel I should have done 3 minimum, want to get another 2 at least in the future.

Edit:
Just keep in mind that guppies are top-level swimmers. You should look into bottom-dwellers. If not loaches, then the mini/pygmy cories. At least 3 of them as well.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote