Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #41 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think helping animals is a wonderful thing to do. A neighbor of mine has a daughter who takes in stray dogs and finds them homes. I started crocheting little afghans out of my scrap yarn for the dogs. My neighbor's daughter sent 2 puppies to someone out of state and one of my afghans went with them. She wants me to make more. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #42 
Kim

I want to help all animals too, and I want to be a vet. Actually, just this morning I went to visit a vet and watch some dental work and operations. The thing is, that I have a talent for disconnecting from all emotions, so while one minute I can be totally worried that an animal may die on me, but at the same time I am able to view the same situation from a totally analytical viewpoint without regard to emotions and make good decisions. It's quite odd, and a talent that I have developed probably from blocking emotions regularly.

The funny thing today was that everyone kept telling me that people pass out all the time when watching operations and that I should tell them if I felt bad..yada yada yada, you get the point. I was a little worried that it may be different in real life than on TV or just dealing with minor injuries, but come to find out, surgery, any amount of blood (I already knew I'm not bothered by blood at all), and even the smell of burning flesh doesn't bother me at all . So now I know I'd have no problem being a veterinary surgeon, I just need to know that I can possibly survive that much school!

Ok, that was completely off topic, I don't normally do that . Oh well .
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #43 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think youll make a wonderful vet, Kim. I would trust my animals with you. :)
Old 02-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #44 
veganchick

ya, if any of you are interested in buying dog toys, I have a small company where I make dog toys out of recycled fabric and sell them ALL the money goes to my local NO kill animal shelter! :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #45 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thats a cool idea. Kind of like me making afghans out of scrap yanr for dogs. :)
Old 02-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #46 
Livelifelaughlove

... backs away from kim.. maybe i won't sneak in and steal her new betta!

my friend became a vet assistant *not secritary, but where she was actually helping with the animals* and she threw up for the first few surgeries...

I can kinda so the same thing as kim can, but not with animals. I can with people. Animals always look and seem to be relying on you and needing you, where as most people aren't/don't
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

Seeing blood and guts doesn't really bother me too much. I think smelling something really gross would be worse than looking at something really gross.I would probably throw up. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #48 
veganchick

lol! I don't mind the gore, just how sad it is!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote