Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #1 
AltheaGlyndwr

Hole in fin (clarification)

I can't remember but I am pretty sure that if a betta has a hole in the middle of its fin (not a tear, an actual hole) with clean, warm water it should fill in right?

I just got girl today and she has a hole in her tail and her dorsal fin is torn. She should heal with clean, warm water yes?

Thanks! Not an emergency, I just only saw stuff about fin rot... I don't know if that's what she has as I only got her today, but yeah.
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

yup, nice water :)
And by warm, I think most people mean what a betta should be in regularly. I normally have my tanks around 80 normally.

If it isn't working, high proteins foods and AQ salt can help.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #3 
AltheaGlyndwr

Alright thanks :) I just found all my frozen foods (BW, Daphnia, and BS) and I also just bought Omega One Betta Flakes today... as well as another girl. I have them floating in their cups acclimating to the tank water and staying warm (between 79 and 82 depending on the time of day) and after their adjusted to the temps I'm gonna change their water. Going to be starting a sorority, the tank is just cycling with my first girl Mystique. I'm excited :D I figure I should start picking my girls now so that I can QT them and make sure their healthy. Mystique is fascinated by them... she hasn't flared once XD. But both of the new girls are certainly personalities.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #4 
AltheaGlyndwr

Oh and I only specified warm because when they are on the shelf they are cold and kept usually in dirty water. :p gross...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #5 
ANHEL123

I hope she is alright. I would keep them separate and don't share anything between two girls just to make sure none of them sick and contaminate each other. But yes with clean water should be fine. If she will get worse , or you think she has fin rot use aquarium salt. Let us know if you need instruction on that. Also good idea to use stress coat that has aloe vera in it and helps with healing.
Also i want to give you two links i want you to check it out. First link very helpful for fishin cycling ,what you doing now how i understand and second about water changes, filter media cleaning tips.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #6 
AltheaGlyndwr

Thank you! I only just saw this response cause I was looking through my older posts. I am definitely checking out the links! :D