Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #1 
jibruno

Question Unsolved mystery

I have a 30 Gal, heavily planted tank

4 Ghost shrimp, 2 Mystery snails, 5 Cherry Barbs, 7 Female Bettas, and 5 Panda cory cats

well the last few days i wake up and find a new panda cory dead in the tank, lost 2 in the last 2 days. they have no signs of disease, no sign of stress and no sign of being picked on by everyone in the tank, its a very peaceful tank. water parameters are all perfect Ph-7.0 Ammonia- Under .25, nitrate, and nitrite are 0. well this morning i found my 3rd dead catfish in the last 3 days, only this one had all its fins eaten and its eyes gone. im not sure if it died from being picked on, or if AFTER it died my shrimp and other catfish saw it as a snack?

im not sure whats wrong with them, i have not suffered any other losses in the tank other than my cat fish (knock on wood).. if anyone has a solution i would love to hear it!
jibruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #2 
BettaFran

Can you fill out the sticky on tank details? Sounds a bit overstocked, but the plants should help. However your ammonia should be zero. Cories are particularly sensitive. How long has the tank been up and running? More info would help.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote