Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

My snails arrived in the mail but my tank isn't ready what should I do with them?

The trumpet snails were shipped to me in a sandwich bag with white papertowels and water. I guess they are ok. It's hard to tell. So should I just get some mud from the yard and put them in a jar or something until I can put them in the tank? Do I need to add fish food or something for them to eat?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #2 
jaysee
Reference Team

When I mail MTS I don't even put water in the bag - I wrap them up in a wet paper towel and put them in a ziplock, then mail them in a padded envelop.

Just keep them in a container of water - they will be fine for however long it takes the new tank to be set up. No need to feed them.

Sent from Petguide.com App
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #3 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

+1 I keep a jug of water and did a 100% wc of their jar every other day. I noticed when I did the wc they would all get active.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote