Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #11 
alwaysaBettaLover

Yes, scales and fins grow back. I know this from personal experience *my bettas SO clumsy!!*, but not usually the same. My Sparkey has several dark spots where scales fell off, and regrew, and fins of course grow back, but like I said, not usually the same, and it may take a while for the fins to 're COLOR.
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #12 
Kiara1125

+1 lilninja!

Aero is looking amazing!

And thanks for the compliment on Apocalyptica! She was my first dragon scale betta.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hehe, thanks! He's so cute, I think *hope* he's going to marble since I see a few scales that are turning green, like legit green and then some whitish scales too. Idk! We'll see!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #14 
Lynzee

Ahh I meant scales, not fins haha. Got a bit confused, but yes I do see what they look like now. I noticed the scales on his head are starting to turn red now. I can barely see them, but there's a few red ones in there. He's still young so we'll see what happens. I'm just glad he's alright though lol. I'm definitely going to be getting him a different food. Thanks for filling me in on that, and what a stress coat is as well. Learning a lot! =] His fins are starting to grow back together, so that's good.
And, Your Betta has changed a lot since you first got him. He's a beautiful boy. It looks as though he's going to form a bit of a stripe on his head. They seem to change a lot within a small amount of time, it's hard to tell.

Alwaysabettalover- That's good to know! If he does happen to lose any, I won't freak out next time haha. His fins are starting to grow back together now. It was this stupid plastic plant I had in the aquarium with him, which of course he loved. I did take it out though because I can't have him getting tangled in it, and slicing his fins to pieces. =/ He seemed upset at first but he's alright now.

Thanks everyone for answering my question!! I appreciate it, and learned a lot about Dragon Scales. =] I figured since the ones on his head were flesh colored they were missing, good to know. BTW, all of you have very beautiful. healthy looking fish!!
Lynzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

The scales on top turning red is most likely him coloring up. When Betta's are stressed or not comfortable or something they can lose color and then when they're more content they color up!

And thank you about Aero ^_^ he is adorable and that's why you take as many pictures as you can! Then you can compare and contrast through the days, weeks and months!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #16 
Lynzee

That's a good idea, I should take a picture at least once a week to show progress. If I can manage to get one of him, I'll show everyone the new scales. That's another thing I didn't know, that they lose color when stressed, or uncomfortable. He was probably still adjusting to his new tank.
I had started him in a 3 gallon, which was really horrible to begin with, along a pineapple house. Well, the pineapple house turned out to have METAL in it and started rusting almost immediately. It also clouded the water with paint loss.
So, I took the tank, and the Pineapple back, and got him a filtered 5 gallon. It's taken him a while to get used to it. His colors are starting to pop now, along with the new scales, so we'll see what he looks like later on down the road.
And yes Aero is beautiful! Are his fins that real pretty blue as well? I love the colors of the Betta in your avatar! And Kiara's too! They look way healthy. I've been searching for a yellow male of any type. Hopefully I can find one this week sometime. =] I'm addicted!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, addiction only start's with one

3 gallons isn't bad! lol all my boy's have at least 3 gallons ^_^ I've got 5.5, two 3's and the 10 is split into three giving them each 3.3 gallons But yeah, sucks about that pineapple! That one has been in and out of good reviews, Penn-plax did make it without metal but obviously some stores still have the ones with metal.

And yes Aero's fins are really that pretty blue color ^_^ And the boy in my avvie is Rembrandt aka Remmy, the rest of my Betta's are in my Betta Album on here if you wanted to see them
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #18 
Lynzee

It was an okay 3 gallon tank, but it had the bubble thing in the middle which took up a lot of swim room, and I paid I think $5.00 more for it, than the 5 gallon [which didn't have the bubble tube]. Gotta love Walmart! It was the Hawkeye something or other. But he just kinda sunk to the bottom in the 3 gal. =\. I'm not sure which company made my pineapple, but the little chimney had metal in it, and some outside and bottom parts of it started to turn brown, and the paint started to chip off right away.
He is really pretty though! He's almost like a...gunmetal blue? haha. He's different! I'll go check out the rest of your Betta's now.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #19 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It's actually a color called Aero Blue which is partly what I named him for and then his original "arrows" that he had on his skunk stripe which are now disappearing. It's funny then because if he marbles out to what looks like will be green/white/blue then he'll lost all that I named him for XD lol that's fine though!

Yeah the Hawkeye 5 gallon is nice, I'm not super fond of the rounded edges and all but it is a nice tank for it's buck! Oh and I got you about the 3 gallon, I have the 3 gallon Cube from wal-mart which was on sale for 19 dollars so I grabbed it! But yeah, I hate those bubble things >< Don't know why they thought it'd be a good idea, doesn't even look good at least not to me. But I'm super biased towards plants and natural looking things XD
Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #20 
Lynzee

Ahh, Aero Blue I haven't heard of before, and I'm an artist in my free time haha. That's too cool though. That would be crazy if he did marble out and changed color completely, which I'm sure has happened to some. lol. Their colors develop more until they're into adulthood right?

Yeah I don't like the Hawkeye products at all. I had the 3 gallon though which is like a cylinder with a bubble tube in the middle that they advertise as an "underground filter'. So, he has a simple, rectangular 5 gallon now and it's way better because the filter is adjustable and I love it. He doesn't get caught in the current and I don't worry about him being sucked up into the filter. But yes, those bubble things definitely take up tons of room and aren't much to look at, even for the fish. Natural is the way to go. If I could plant my tank, I would but I'm pretty sure they'd all die in my care since I'm constantly changing the tank around but I think I've finally got it to where I'm keeping it now. Finally! I see all these beautiful setups with live plants, stones ect and it looks just like [as I picture] they're native habitat.