Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #1 
carlos puron

what is that on the mosa thay my betta is eating

Hey I have this tank tank running for abut three weeks I added java moss and I some kind of white little thinks they are as thin as a hair I can't take a pic on them the camera doesn't shows them well I've noticed that when they move around is like mosquito larvae they move and stick to the moss I have noticed that the betta that I added is been eating them so what are those things are they good for my betta or it's going to get him sick what should I do
Attached Images

carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #2 
DJay

When I added Java moss to my tank, a similar thing happened to me. From what I know, if the white things are moving like worms they are a kind of tiny worm animal that came about from feeding to much, the Betta and other fish will eat them, like mine has and they will go away if you keep the tank clean and feed less. in my tank the worms ( if there are any) often like to dig themselves into the gravel and live in between the rocks. I dont really mind them anymore. the betta probably wont catch anything from eating them.
DJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #3 
carlos puron

I hope he won't I trow a pellet in there by mistake when I was about to take it I didn't see it so it could be because of that
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4 
Chevko

They could be detritus worms. From the bit I've read they do come from over-feeding, but they're perfectly fine for bettas to eat. Black worms need to be carefully fed to them though.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote