Betta Fish Forum banner

what is that on the mosa thay my betta is eating

868 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chevko 
#1 ·
Hey I have this tank tank running for abut three weeks I added java moss and I some kind of white little thinks they are as thin as a hair I can't take a pic on them the camera doesn't shows them well I've noticed that when they move around is like mosquito larvae they move and stick to the moss I have noticed that the betta that I added is been eating them so what are those things are they good for my betta or it's going to get him sick what should I do

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When I added Java moss to my tank, a similar thing happened to me. From what I know, if the white things are moving like worms they are a kind of tiny worm animal that came about from feeding to much, the Betta and other fish will eat them, like mine has and they will go away if you keep the tank clean and feed less. in my tank the worms ( if there are any) often like to dig themselves into the gravel and live in between the rocks. I dont really mind them anymore. the betta probably wont catch anything from eating them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.