Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #21 
fishyinpa

hehe me too...matches fishy #2...Oh and he is very active...swimming around...watching me...i found a plant and a lil decoration for him. He busy checking them out hehe. I put in the heater too. I thot my bathroom was warm enough but i guess not. Its all good. :)
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds like he's off to a good start. :) What are you calling him? Fishy 2? lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #23 
fishyinpa

Lol. For now...But he does need a name...Im so bad with names..Oh i checked on him just now he blew couple big bubblenests. Yay! He happy boy. Better than a lil bowl in ya own potty.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #24 
fishyinpa

Morado (purple in spanish hehehehe) just ate some daphnia for me! Yay! So i think he is feeling good. Maybe just some fresh clean water will heal him up (if it is something).
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good, I'm glad he's eating. :) If he was stressed out or not feeling good, he wouldn't be blowing bubbles or eating good. YAY! And I like his name! lol
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #26 
fishyinpa

me too! Im home now..got some more plants and a cute lil bridge he can use as a cave. Yup. I went to check on him and he blew a huge nest! It had to cover half the tank. No lie. Of course i broke it up when i took out the plant and decoration to put in new stuff haha. Im sure he build me another one soon. I got some stuff made by jungle labs. Its supposed to treat like everything,fungus,bacterial,parasites. All that. Its in tablet form but for small tanks you only use 1/4 tablet so itll go far lol. I wont use though unless his fuzz doesnt go away. Maybe it is coloring but i dunno. Good to have on hand either way i think. Lol. I still having heater issues...grrr...panda tank and new fishy tank...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #27 
fishyinpa

ooooh and i almost forgot!!! I was over in NJ today with my folks for a sunday drive. Anywho we stopped at a new petco. It was huge! I went to the back where they a butt load of fish and fish stuff. So i looked on their shelf with tanks and what not. They had a different brand. Lees aquariums or sumtin like that. They make the official kritter keeper. There was also a curved (bow front) like the one i have as well! They had a medium which would be my size and a large which would be like 4 gallons. That was called Aquatic Gardens. Not sure if that was made by Lee or not,but it was with them. I thought id tell ya lol. Not sure what your petcos have. i dont think ive ever seen them at my petco.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad he blew a bubblenest. YAY! I'm sure he'll like his new tank decor. lol I need to shop for a plant tall enough to put in my tank so Jaden will have something to blow a bubblenest under. He's just scattering them now.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #29 
fishyinpa

haha yeah. go get him some plants hehe. Fishy hasnt blown any nests in awhile. Is that normal. Lol. Is he still happy.. he blows some but like not into a nest...i know its really for baby fishys so i guess he has to be in the mood as it were haha. I guess he happy.. i dunno...lol...Also Morado is in my bathroom so there isnt much light...do they need light? Like when i go in there obviously i turn the light on but it doesnt stay on too long...and there is no window in there so no sunlight...window in my room but doesnt really reach the bathroom...they do make small lights for critter keepers..but i think their incandescent so itd heat it up...i dunno...back to fish store haha..
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think that they need the day night cycle so I don't really know if just a tank light will will work.As for bubblenests, only one of mine blows them. I don't know if they stop when they get past breeding age or not. Maybe someone will answer that for us. lol I don't have a Petco around here but my Petsmart has regular critter keepers cause I have one. I wish we had a Petco here because they have halfmoons. :(