Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #1 
ismintis

Smile Just the Humdrum Life of Išmintis

After some thought of just how boring and crazy my life is, I decided to make a journal so you stalkers can catch up on the everyday events of jibun.

A little background; I'm European (German, Swedish, Scottish, Irish/Lithuanian, and Polish) and know a little of four languages (English, Lithuanian, Spanish and Japanese)

I will talk about my family, mostly my mother, my boyfriend, and my animals: Micah and Milo (kitties) and Kruša (female betta) and in the future I will probably get another betta ;)

Once school starts I will talk about the instruments I play; viola, violin and cello. I also draw for fun and commission every now and then. In my spare time I play airsoft and watch anime. I also read lots of books including manga.

Feel free to strike up conversations or ask me stuff, I'll just be recording the small events that happen to me.

P.S. I will spam this thread with pictures that you may also find in my albums

Last edited by ismintis; 08-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 
ismintis

P.P.S My email seemed to crash after I deleted all my subscribed threads so I apologize if I never respond to something I posted.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Subbed!!!

That's cool that you know those languages!

Oh nice I play lost of instruments too, I used to be a Music Major in college but I switched to Art Major and it's been a lot better ^_^ I love Music but it's more a hobby not a passion

Can't wait to see pictures of everyone!!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #4 
ismintis

Hehe thanks Lil!

Music is definitely just a hobby that lets me get my mind off of things, I won't pursue something in music unless I become a protégé or something xD It's hard to make money in that field as well. I have a feeling I will do something with environmental sciences or genetics, because science really interests me.

I'm trying to take pictures of Krew but she won't let me lol. Dang fishy only wants food. She jumped up and hit the lid last night when I wasn't feeding her fast enough. I'm actually a little worried I should be giving her more...is 2 pellets in the morning and 2 at night enough? She is crazy active and eats like a pig.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

well it depends on the fish, how old they are and what the pellets are. I only feed my fish once a day so they get more in one sitting because I don't have the time normally to feed them twice. So I usually do 6-10 pellets for the young boy's depending on if it was just fasting day or not, usually after fasting day they eat a little more. But on normal day's is around 6-8 pellets but they are also NLS pellets which means smaller. If they were Omega, I'd probably do 4-7 pellets since they're a little bigger and other pellets...well I don't feed other pellets and nor would I lol so I don't need to worry.

But if she's a youngin (under 1.5 years) then sure, you can bump it up to 3 pellets morning/night for a total of 6.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #6 
ismintis

Oh wow I didn't know that, she's about 4.5 months old and eats Hikari Bio-Gold and Omega One Blood worms. Should I feed her 4 pellets in the morning and 4 at night then? On Sundays she gets blood worms and a partial water change.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, if you think that she needs it then go for it! I generally (because once a day) feed until their stomachs get just a tad round and bulge a bit and that's when I know they're full. I know it's said their stomach is the size of their eye but that's more like guildlines than actual rules

But you feed whatever YOU think she needs, if you think she needs more then go for it. Experiment with it as well. Before my fasting day's I usually give them 1.5 more food than normal since they have two day's of fasting. I still never fully gut them, as in their stomach is poking out so much that it looks like they'll explode, well not intentionally. Sometimes it just happens in the sorority if one girl decides she wants to gobble everything up lol but otherwise they don't normally do that.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #8 
ismintis

Good to know, thanks a bunch! She is surprisingly big for a female, about 1.5-2 inches for just her body. But I heard that Majcha breeds large girls from many different people.

Since I can't get any good pictures of Krew ATM, here are some of my day Thursday:

There are boats from Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Nevada

Thor was used to haul cars in the war apparently

There are always a lot of geese

And this adorable golden retriever was on a boat called 'Dog-on-It!'

I found this tree randomly and thought it was cute :)
Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #9 
ismintis

I haven't been very active on the forum for the past few days due to my cousins 10th birthday on the 4th, commissions on the 5th, and my boyfriend coming over with his puppy yesterday.

I promise I will get pictures of Krew as soon as she lets me take her out of the tank into a small one so I can take well lit pictures. She lost all her color the last time I tried it and she got mad...so I gave in and put her back in her regular tank.

Here are two pictures of my bf's dog Boone. He is a pure bred Chihuahua that's about 14 weeks old:

Old 08-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Awww puppy is adorable!! See that's a good lookin' Chihuahua, some of them are just ugly Can you tell I'm more of a cat person? lol in fact one of my girls just hopped up on the bed with me haha

Actually it's mostly because I'm more allergic to dogs than I am cat's so it's sort of tough to love dogs, I love them from a distance though ^_^