Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #11 
Nataku

The flakes are in a yellow bottle labeled "BettaMin Tropical Medley" by the brand Tetra, so same as yours I believe Kim? The pellets I got are called "Betta Bites" by a brand named HBH. The store had another choice of betta pellets, but I choose the Betta Bites instead as the other brand had 'wheat meal' listed as the primary ingredient, which didn't seem right if bettas are supposed to be consuming large amounts of protein.

The light is this little thing that hooks into the hood of the tank, and the only info I can find on it is a little sticker on the inside of the molding that says "Max Type C 7.5 wat" ...so, a 7.5 wat light? Hmm, sure seemed stronger than that to me, it certainly gets hot when you turn it on. Oh well, that may just be from faulty manufacturing, it's probably made in China like everything else today. Is it sufficient to grow plants? If not I'll either need to Mcguyver a whole new lighting system without electrocuting myself, or just stick with the fake plants.

I'll look into a heater. The last time I went to the store (two days ago?) the only heaters they had were 75 wat+ ...this seems like a fish fry to me in the small tank I have? Not to mention I don't even think I could fit the whole thing in the tank. Maybe they'll have restocked when I go over there again later this week with something on the smaller side.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

f you can't find the heater that you want at the petstore, you may have to order one online. Thats what I had to do.Unfortunately, I had to pay a 9.99 shipping charge, ugh! But I had no alternative. "sigh"
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM   #13 
Nataku

So I placed a section of a dried banana leaf in the water yesterday evening to see how that went over. This morning I woke and found that he had built himself a fairly impressive bubble nest under the entire length of the leaf. I'm guessing that's a good sign, although I imagine he'll be somewhat disappointed when the leaf comes out in a few days. The site's a read on about the banana leaves say one should not leave them in more than seven days. I'll try four if he tolerates it that long.

DramaQueen - I sure hope I won't have to resort to that. Our postal delivery out here on the island is... less than satisfactory. I think the store does have them, there was a fair share of empty hooks at the store with stickers on them that indicated heaters more the sizes I'd like, I'm hoping they're just in between orders or stocking. If they aren't there when I go next I'll be poking some employees to see if anyone will get their bums up and restock them for me.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you're able to get one at the store. I'm not always able to get out so sometimes I have to resort to ordering stuff. My Petsmart didn't have what I wanted and I didn't want to buy something that I knew I wouldn't be happy with so I ordered it from Drsfosterndsmith.com.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta rescue banana leaf