Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #1 
peachii

Tiny new boy

We had to run to the local fish store for some meds for one of the girls yesterday. Usually he only had really mediocre crowntails but had gotten in a few new bettas, which I completely missed the first time. On our way to pay, Stone pointed them out. He had 6 - all of which were beautiful. It was a toss up between the one we got and a pink/pinkish plakat. This one won because his fins were better and he is the EXACT color of a betta I fell in love with on ebay a few weeks ago, a rosetail doubletail that I hate isn't in our tanks right now - it was beautiful.

So meet Damien, he insisted he needed to come home with us! He is enjoying his new home with a few tiny mystery snails and lots of water sprite and java moss. I haven't decided how i want to decorate his tank yet but am leaning towards a different style than the other tanks and revolve mainly around floaters with roots hanging down (frogbit, dwarf water lettuce and antler fern), java moss and java fern and lots of rocks.

He is so very tiny! Only a little over an inch in body and almost a halfmoon, not quite but close.
Attached Images

peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #2 
keepsmiling

Beautiful, congrats!
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Gorgeous coloring!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #4 
peachii

I'm so in love with this guy. He has been busy building a bubble nest for the last 12ish hours, half his tank is covered in bubbles. The other amount of time he has been attacking the water sprite and java moss- Got to keep that stuff in line, you know! It might get an attitude if not.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #5 
RussellTheShihTzu

He does rather look like a "Dennis the Menace" type, doesn't he? So Damien is quite appropriate.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #6 
LizbethDawn

He's so purple! If he goes missing from his tank I've teleported him to California lol
LizbethDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #7 
peachii

I can't get the picture to download from my camera, will have to get another shot later but Damien is a halfmoon!! He was flaring at the girl in quarantine that is near his tank earlier, he has the cutest little flare face - I mean fierce and mean, yes he is big and bad and manly. Great find for a pet store betta, He's so cute!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #8 
peachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
He does rather look like a "Dennis the Menace" type, doesn't he? So Damien is quite appropriate.
I named him after the red-headed vampire Damien in the Anita Blake series. :P He's the 3rd betta that I have named after the characters so I will probably continue the trend. I have Damien, Edward, and Harley.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #9 
jadaBlu

He is great looking! What a find!
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #10 
peachii

Got some pictures of Damien flared out, I love his color!! He's such a funny boy.
Attached Images