Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #1 
veganchick

The Betta Bowl

I do not agree with EVERYTHiNG on this site, but overall it is nice if you are planning on starting a betta bowl! Some useful info!
Betta In A Bowl - A Guide To Keeping And Caring For A Betta In A Fish Bowl
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

It was an interesting site. I think most people that keep their bettas in bowls, do so because they are small compared to an aquarium. But my 4 gallon isn't too much bigger, area-wise, than the gallon container my fish was in before. It's just taller. I'm not able to have 5 tanks with heaters, filters and all that stuff.There are people who have like a half dozen tanks (or more) of various sizes. Where do they put them all? When its your house, you can put tanks wherever you want. When you live with someone who doesn't share your passion for fish, you can't do what you want. Oh, well, enough of my rambling. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #3 
veganchick

lol! Don't really have room for a billion tanks, either but I can try to make room... Actually I was thinking If I added a filter and heater I could get like a cool shaped 5 or more gallon bowl at a craft store and do stuff with that... Maybe make it planted..... But I would get a heater and stuff! :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, they do have some cool bowls at craft stores. I had my first betta in a gallon vase that came from a craft place. They would have to have a wide enough mouth so you could fit your heater and filter in there.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #5 
Livelifelaughlove

The other problem i have other than money and space is that my room has alot of moisture in the air already, and with brand new carpet/tank i can't really afford to have much water in my room (EI a few huge tanks... though wouldn't fit anways)...
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #6 
Kim

I have almost a half dozen tanks :P

29 gallon soon to be planted community (I won't even start on the rant as to why it isn't set up yet!!)
15 gallon planted betta tank (getting the fish maybe today!)
10 gallon divided betta tank
5.5 gallon betta tank
10 gallon QT tank with 5 cories and MANY guppies being treated for IP

Every single one of them is in my bedroom which is maybe 10' X 11' O_O I have a tank on every wall except the one my bed is against!
But I have very few other materialistic things because I just don't care about gadgets and the like, so that's why there is enough room.
Umm, and can you tell what my favorite fish is?!

Ok, now I'm going to actually read the website!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #7 
fishyinpa

Woah thats a lot fishy in your room lol! Kinda sounds like my room cept i have mostly furred in there,and then 2 fish tanks. Does it count that 2 of my furred are in fish tanks? Lol! My new fish is in my bathroom now..ran outta plugs in my room!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #8 
Kim

Yeah, I have no plugs at all left! I had to give up the one for my lamp near my bed as is! No more tanks in my room....
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I need a power strip to accomodate my tank. lol
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #10 
Livelifelaughlove

I don't have any filters yet *hmm thats another problem with the new tank... no outlets*
But i already have to have a surge protector thing that has 6 more outlets... and those are all used, and the other ones are all used time for another surge protector
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote