Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #1 
Seki

I don't have a problem... I have a hobby!

I just went in for a breeder's box, I swear... just for a breeder's box in case I need to quarantine a bully or something in my sorority... But then I saw her looking at me, saw how she shimmered so prettily even in the harsh lights in the store... and I knew she had to come home with me...

So please welcome... Hime! Considering she is a crowntail, I thought it would only be appropriate to call her a "princess".

She'll be in quarantine for a full two weeks before joining the sorority. She's quite a bit bigger than any of the ladies in there now, so I hope it works out well! -fingers crossed-
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think she was meant for you to get her. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #3 
Seki

Lol I think so! I love how her extended rays are forked at the end of each ray. ^_^ Gonna have to fast her a bit to see if her bloated belly goes down at all. Her cup was very clean, though! Hopefully that's a good sign? Or... maybe it means she wasn't pooping. :(
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Looks like it had been just cleaned and she actually looks like she just ate as well so yeah, I think you can fast her and she'll be fine since they probably give a poor quality pellet.

And yes, she's beautiful! The size won't matter much either, it's the attitudes you watch out for
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #5 
Seki

Aw, thank you! I adore her~ Crowntails have always been my favorite (shhhh, don't tell my other fish!), so I knew I had to get one for my sorority!

PS: I do believe she resembles yet another of your girls! LOL Minus the tail type, that is hahaha
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yes, a bit of Mystique I think, except Mystique actually has a red undercoat interestingly enough! And yes, a VT instead of CT ^_^

Yeah CT girls are just the cutest things ever! I've only got one I think, Raven but she's my cutie and I love her
Old 06-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #7 
Seki

Yeah, Hime stole my heart~ Hopefully she'll get that bloat down soon. I might dose her with a bit of epsom salt. Tagalong's going into the ten gallon in a breeder's box today, so Hime's going to get the gallon hospital tank for the next few weeks while I make sure she's healthy.

I think my Petsmart feeds their fish flakes, sadly. So that is probably why she's bloated. She'll be feeling better in no time once she gets the bloat down and starts being fed Omega One!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

She actually doesn't look that bloated, no need for salts. And actually flakes are better than the Freeze-dried BW's that my Petco gives, at least my Petsmart gives Aqueon pellets >< both suck, but better than FD BW's ugggg, they feed it to their babies too!!! That's why I HAD to take Steve and Tony home, my two little ones