Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 
imlandys

Moist Gel Packs

I bought some tetra select moist gel packets that contain brine shrimp and I was wondering is this ok to feed to my betta? He doesnt seem to be very interested in his dried blood worms for the last couple of days. Thanks
imlandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You can, just chop it up and then store the rest in the fridge. However Freeze-dried BW's aren't a good diet just to let you know. While yes they are high in protein, it lacks all other nutrients that Betta's need. I suggest you find some Omega One Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum (NLS being mine and my fishes favorite) both are high quality and fish love them! I've never seen a healthy fish refuse NLS or Omega One!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #3 
Canis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
You can, just chop it up and then store the rest in the fridge. However Freeze-dried BW's aren't a good diet just to let you know. While yes they are high in protein, it lacks all other nutrients that Betta's need. I suggest you find some Omega One Buffet pellets or New Life Spectrum (NLS being mine and my fishes favorite) both are high quality and fish love them! I've never seen a healthy fish refuse NLS or Omega One!
Just wondering, I've seen so many people talk about NLS, but are they talking about the brand in general or the specific betta formula? I look it up once and there are tons of different kinds of it XD
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

NLS in total is just really good formula for all fish, I also have the NLS flakes that contain garlic in it to aid in warding off internal parasites and of course Betta's can't resist garlic! So it's a win all around. I use the flakes every now and then for the girl's tank and for the corydoras on bottom, they get whatever falls down and with the flakes, it scatters so that they end up getting more food than if it were just pellets or a wafer because the girls eventually go down and eat all the leftovers too!

But I love the NLS Betta Formula, yes, that and Omega One of course ^_^ but all around both brands are really good for all their fish formulas!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote