Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #21 
Kim

Yup, this morning I woke up and Edelweiss (who's like a foot away from my bed) was just staring down at me! Um..well after I woke up to one cat on my shoulder and one next to my legs - I was practically in a straight jacket!

Oh, and Victor has like 4 mini-nests (they're really small) going on in his container!
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds to me like they are very happy in their new homes.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #23 
Kim

I sure hope so!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #24 
veganchick

Some bettas just get bored with one nest and move to the other! Sounds like a content little betta!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yep, bubblenests are definitely a good thing! lol I love it when mine blow them for me.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #26 
Kim

Hmmm...the poops are clearish. I'm thinking I'll give them another day (may be just because I haven't fed them much other than the daphnia, pea, and a few flakes, and they were constipated) and if it still persists I'll have to give them some of my medicated food. Other than that they both look healthy and happy to be warm and clean!

We'll see about the CT. The last time I went to the only store that carries the BWE and IAL they had a little brown betta in like 2" of terribly dirty water in with the hard goods! I didn't even know there was a fish in there (never mind a betta) at first! All his fins were gone too for the most part :( As long as I don't end up taking any fish from there (I'll only take them for free), I'm going to try to convince my mom to go back for him.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you can get him.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #28 
Kim

I know.
Do I need another fish...no...but I still sure want to help save him!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, that would be great if you can. My Petsmart has an infirmary whre they take sick fish. I found one with sbd a couple months ago that I would have liked to take home. I'm kind of running out of room but we can always make room for one more, can't we? lol
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM   #30 
Kim

Well, my mom didn't come home till almost 6:00, so we couldn't hit either store today :( I don't even know if he is alive at this point, but I will hopefully at least try tomorrow.

The good thing is that I was picking up the poops on the bottom of the QT tanks with my turkey baster, and I noticed more dark ones and only about 1 light one each. So, I'm guessing it was just constipation. Come to think of it, both Diva and Cassanova did the same thing. So that's good news!

Hehe...yup, it's always 1 more...I don't really know when it will end!? I'll probably end up with a whole wall of 5 gal. betta barracks with all the bettas that I've "rescued" over the years! Now that I know that Petco has a place where they put all the sick ones it's going to be even worse lol! Every time I go in for filter cartridges or fish food I'll probably end up with another sick betta! Maybe I should just start a website where I can adopt them out...although I don't know how many people are out there that would want a "rescue betta" :/