Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

There may be a few members here who would take rescue bettas. :) Your room is turning into a fishroom. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #32 
Kim

It IS a fishroom by now lol!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #33 
veganchick

LOL! Ya, I need to move one of my beds (I have 2 twins) out of my room and I'll have room for some HUGE tanks!!!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #34 
Kim

So, I went to get the BWE (we'll see if Prof. Lupin stops biting because his water is REALLY dark now!) and the little brown betta was STILL there!! I was so horrified, but he wasn't for sale or anything and my mom refused to let me ask to get him because she said it was rude. I said it was "rude" to treat an animal like that! I would have insisted but I really have NO room left. I couldn't even think of anywhere to put him! Also, right beside him was a red betta in this TINY (like 2 cups of water) betta cube. He was just stuck in the plant and not moving at all :( It's so sad that I can't save them all. At least the store cleaned up it's act regarding ick, but those bettas were just pitiful (the others looked ok though, despite the cups being like half the size of Petco's). The other thing I'm worried about is what I will do with all my fish when I go off to college. If I go local for a while I know I can keep them here and take care of them, but if I want to be a vet I'll eventually have to go away....yuck, I hate the thought of living in apartments or dorms all that time!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart had a betta in one of those cube things.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #36 
veganchick

betta cubes are 1.5 gallons, which isn't ideal, but its better than a cup!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, yeah, thats true. When I first saw it I thought, is this real? Then I saw him move.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #38 
Kim

Oh, this thing wasn't the actual "betta cube". It was just cube shaped...and sadly I wasn't exaggerating at all. That thing probably holds no more than 4 cups of water :( The sad part was that those two bettas that were "displaying" those cruel products were far away from the other bettas and they didn't look cared for at all. And, I don't think they were for sale, so it's not like it's a temporary container or anything :(

My 2 new guys (er...guy and girl) are doing well. I do think I am going to have to treat them for IP because the white poops have persisted, but I have 2 meds on hand so hopefully everything will go well. Other than that they are healthy, happy, and eating well :) Whenever I see abused bettas I go home and look at my happy little guys swimming all around their tanks and looking healthy and vibrant and I just think "WHY?"
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

Isn't there any alternative that the petstores could use besides the little cups? Something at least a half gallon?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #40 
Kim

You'd think! And how hard could it be to run a heating cable under the shelves?

I kinda confused now, both their poops are dark today. Weird, but I guess that's the purpose of QT - to observe them.