I forgot to update over here! My ammonia was high and pH was low. I've been adding a gallon - two gallons a day since i got that result and so far since i did a thorough cleaning of the bottom ive only seen one or two more casualties.
i still have like 40 or so babies left. and if i squint i think i see some arms growing!
they also seem to be more interested in swimming higher in the water column than they were before. there are a couple that have been hanging out at the top of the water. which is cool. i was getting a little concerned that they hang out at the bottom so much.
of course, thats where all the microworms end up, so maybe they just like lounging around with their snacks. ill try to get more pics up over the next day or two if i can get a good one.
pesky things are hard to photo.