Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #11 
ao
TFK Moderator

the commin aquarium "pest" snails - pond snails? bladder snails, ramshorn snails and trumpet snails do not eat plants. as far as I know, some types of mystery snails and rabbit snails will eat plants. If you dont mind harmless snails I would recommend to keep them around. especially since they contribute to a healthy planted tank system. :)

As for the plants, you can keep them alove by letting them float in a jar/lunch box/ large container of tank water. make sure all the leaves are submerged and the cobtainer is in a well lit position. A window sill that does not recieve direct sunlight is good for this.

Keep in mind that PP stains stuff and is a strong oxidiser, it will give you spotty brown fingers easily :P use gloves!
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #12 
jadaBlu

sThe plants are not doing well. The leaves are yellowing and Something is definitely eating holes in them. PP still has not arrived. I may have to nurse these for future tanks and get a different batch.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #13 
ao
TFK Moderator

hmm... look for a caterpillar :P
Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #14 
jadaBlu

I looked and no cattie pillars! No just kidding. I guess I will just dip in diluted bleach water rather than watch my investment go down the drain. That should kill most stuff. My main concern is to not transmit any diseases to my fish via the plants, and no holes being eaten in them would be great. I don't hate snails I will pull the ones I can find. I will have trumpets in my substrate. I can see them from where I am typing.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD I was actually serious about the caterpillar :P there are some underwater ones. LOL