Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #1 
BettaChibi

Exclamation little fish is sick

well i bought a betta fry from petco and with in a couple days i have problems with him. it sits at the bottom of the tank and hasnt been eatting. i keep him in a 1.5 gallon tank sense hes so small. he trys to move every so often and he struggles and ends up on her side or upside down sometimes right side up no so often though. in the pictures you see hes in a smaller container thats because one of my friends who is a breeder said to keep him in a smaller container and keep an eye on him and see what he does but i dont want him to die. so i need some advice. do you think melafix might work please help thanks
Attached Images

BettaChibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #2 
keepsmiling

Do you have this container heated? Have you tested the water with test kits{not strips} and are you doing water changes? I really would keep him in a properly heated tank that is cycled. He looks pretty clamped.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #3 
BettaChibi

hes unclamped right now. i havent tested the water im going to the pet store today. yes the container is properly heated 78 degress f and i change the water every other day.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #4 
keepsmiling

Sending you positive energy. And a hug.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #5 
BettaChibi

thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #6 
LittleBlueFishlets

Babies often do better at warmer temperatures than adults. If you have an adjustable heater, I recommend raising the temperature to about 82F.

Since he's a baby, you may want to start a thread on the "Breeding Betta Fish" or "Betta Fish Spawn Logs" forums. There are a lot of people on those forums who can give you advice about caring for and treating young fish.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote