Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1 
JennNP

New to this forum and new to Bettas. Meet Cesar!

Hello! I have already found this forum so helpful. I knew better than to trust PetCo's advice on how to care for my new little guy, and I have gotten so much information already from this site.

Here's Cesar! He was labeled as a Double Tail, but he didn't look too much like the other Bettas labeled DT. He does appear to have the split in his back tail, though. Any opinions? Also, I was just curious, are there different names for different colorations of Bettas? If so, what would he be? Or is there a site that lists out different types/colors so I can browse for fun?

These pictures wash him out a little, he's a tad brighter and more iridescent than these show.

And here's the best shot I could get of his fins not being all droopy

Oook, I think it's all fixed..ignore my reply on this thread : )

Last edited by JennNP; 07-01-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Pictures were HUGE
JennNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #2 
JennNP

Geez I'm sorry guys, I thought I resized them but that's not working, they are still way too big. I realize that makes it very hard to see..I'll try and resize and if I can do it successfully I can just delete this post and try again :/
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #3 
RussellTheShihTzu

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us and please feel free to ask any questions you have.

He's one gorgeous boy. You chose well.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #4 
JennNP

Thanks! I drove my boyfriend nuts. I took about 45 minutes going back and forth, but I'm really happy with my choice : )
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #5 
RussellTheShihTzu

Yep. It's called "dithering."
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #6 
countyrd419

Welcome to our world JennNP. Your Cesar is really cool blue/greenish betta. You did choose well. If you really want to see his color pop, Put on his tank light; the warmth and the glow will cause him to flare and brighten his colors. Just make sure you have the following items on hand: AQ Salt (aquarium salt, a water test kit I have the Freshwater Kit from API, Stress Coat also by API for water changes and disease care. Check his water at least once a week and keep up with water changes and Cesar will give you months and months of joy. Also, for food almost everyone prefers Omega One Pellets. Just remember that betta fishes do have personalities.
I too have learned so much from the experience owners from this site. It is the best for betta care. Here is Rusty in his new updated home and another picture with him showing off in the light.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #7 
JennNP

Love your set up! Thanks I didn't know about the salt..I'm quite a newbie so hearing I need salt for a freshwater fish is a little confusing. What's it for?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #8 
RussellTheShihTzu

Salt should only be used when medicating fish. If it develops fin rot, you do the salt treatment for either 10 or 14 days. I'd have to double check.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #9 
Fenghuang

Don't be alarmed; you do not need salt for freshwater fish. Aquarium salt is good to have on hand in case of emergencies because it can be used to treat a number of diseases, but it is not required and you should not be adding it unless your fish is sick because long time use can damage your fish's kidneys and diminish the salt's effectiveness to killing bacteria and parasites.

Your betta is indeed a doubletail and a beautiful one at that. Congratulations on your new guy. :)
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #10 
JennNP

Thanks for all the replies, information, and compliments! Man, this site is dangerous. I didn't know there were so many variations of Betta fish, I keep seeing different kinds I didn't know existed. And I'm feeling like I suddenly need to get more.. ;)