Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #11 
a123andpoof

Welcome to the addiction! And beautiful boy!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #12 
Seki

Gorgeous boy, congrats!! I adore his coloration~

The urge you're feeling to get more bettas is the first symptom of a disease known as the "betta bug". There is no known cure. Getting more bettas temporarily relieves the urge, but it will return in time. WARNING: This disease has been known to lead to entire rooms filled with fish tanks and shiny bettas. It has also been known to lead to exasperated family members and repeated choruses of "You got ANOTHER fish?!" And last but not least... it has been known to lead to a happiness only truly understood by fellow fishkeepers. You have been warned.
Seki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #13 
JennNP

Lol I appreciate the warning! I went through this with my other love, corn snakes. They also come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. I have a rule though. Keep a pet for at least six months to determine if the upkeep and maintenance is too demanding to handle getting another one. We'll see in six months. I have to admit, I have a couple on my wishlist already though lol
JennNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #14 
Seki

Heh, I tried to tell myself I only wanted one. And it worked for a little while! But then I picked up a new tank on sale... so obviously I had to get a betta for it. Then one of my bettas died and the tank was cloudy when I filled it again. So I got another tank and set it up for the new betta because I needed a tank. But once I got the problem solved in the old tank, another betta! And then I saw other people's shiny sororities... and I saw a good deal on a ten gallon setup...

I have nine bettas right now hahahaha. And I wouldn't be surprised if I break the double digits soon. >.<
Seki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #15 
rosy delta

within a year I predict you will have at least 4 bettas, probably more. but dont look at it as a disease, consider it therapy! and watch out at garage sales, that was my downfall. complete tank set ups for 5$ had to get them, and had to fill them.....
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #16 
JennNP

I lucked out my new neighbor runs an aquaponics business. Got Cesar a nice 5g tank with filter and light for ten bucks. He also offered to hook me up with some plants as well. It's nice but also dangerous to have him as a neighbor haha
Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #17 
mushumouse

wow that IS lucky! there's a house on the market down the street from me, let him know if he wants to move again. :p cesar is very pretty btw, i really like the speckles on his fins.
mushumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #18 
Emparios

How beautiful! Welcome to the addiction, again. ^-^ As for your neighbor, is there any houses available near you? :P
Emparios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #19 
JennNP

Thanks guys. He's a really good guy. I got Cesar on a whim, then after doing research that day I realized his fish bowl wasn't appropriate for him. Now he's super active and happy in his new home :). One day I'd like to get my own aquaponic set up going. I didn't even know about aquaponics before, it's pretty cool!

Last edited by JennNP; 07-03-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #20 
KTBetta

Wow, that's a beautiful fish! I love his spots on his dorsal and his ee fins! I love when they wiggle those and look like they're waving at you! Welcome JennNP and Cesar!
KTBetta is offline   Reply With Quote