Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #11 
veganchick

First of all, that sounds like a GREAT idea! I wouldlove to adopt any from you! I could prly send you an extra tank, too if you wanted it (its a 5g hexagon, and It has a filter, and lighting, and a hood) As for breeding bettas, they lay up to 300 eggs, and thats ALOT of bettas for you and ur room! If you want some SUPER good information on fish care, breeding, diseases, tanks, ect. I would look for the book, You and Your Aquarium. It helped me out alot! It is really detailed, and think it would come in handy. I would love to do what you are doing, too. But I doubt my mom would like me giving away a bunch of personal information to alot of people I don't know, but anyway, I think what you are maybe gonna do is great!!!!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #12 
happyfish

Not offended in anyway...love your idea still!! No prob with the requirements!!
happyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #13 
Kim

Ok, thanks all. I'm still working on the idea.

One more thing I need to know. Without a HM or SD female, all my possible combinations of bettas to breed will result in VT's (um..well, I still have to check what would happen if I bred my plakat girl). I don't know if people would still be interested in them, or if I should invest in a good breeding pair if I want to breed. Truthfully, what are you interested in?

veganchick: That's a very generous offer, if I do decide to breed I'll need extra tanks but don't feel obligated by ANY means. I could give you some free fish in return..wait, wouldn't you need the tank for the new fish?

As far as time frame: This would probably be a summer project. First off, I'll need to buy some supplies, and second it's a lot easier to ship fish in the summer. Plus I'll have a lot more time. If people want a rescue betta (again, I'm still not decided if I should go with one idea or both) I still need to wait until my 29 gal. is stocked so that my QT tank is empty. So, there's plenty of time for me and for you to prepare :)
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I really wouldn't mind a veiltail. I would just like to have a baby fish that I can watch grow up. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #15 
Livelifelaughlove

Ooo let me know if you ever get a halfmoon/delta rescue or if you find out how to breed them everyone knows that i am addicted.

and drama, i suspect that if you swear up and down that you meet the req's, then kim would some how make a deal with you or something about the no camera. sorry Kim if i am giving an answer for you, but i would vouche for drama, actually i would send her my camera... if it wasn't actually my moms
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Haha,Emmnemms thanks for offering your Mom's camera! I would definitely give a betta the best home that I could. I'm already looking at 2 1/2 gallon aquariums and containers to put one in. lol Kim ,all I can do is give you my word.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #17 
Livelifelaughlove

Lol No Prob
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #18 
Kim

dramaqueen: I think I know you well enough to trust you with one of my fishies :) You need a camera though! I want to see some pictures of your fish!!

Ok, I found out that if I used my PK girl and my SD boy I would get delta and super-delta babies because the PK gene is recessive. The offspring would not be "pure" but if I bred the offspring to eachother I could get some PK babies along the line as well. I'd have to look into what colors they would be though. All my other combinations would result in VT's.
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks, Kim. I'm so technologically challenged, I don't know if I could even figure out how to get pics loaded on my computer! lol Oh, well, maybe someday I'll get one.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Kim, another question for you. Would it be possible to put 2 females that are sisters that were raised together, in a 5 gallon tank? With plants and hiding spots, of course.