Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #11 
Riverotter

Basement Bettas, could you tell me more about the standard being developed? I'd really like to learn.
Would any of these fish (random pictures pulled off google pics) come close to the standard?

And if anyone would be so kind as to pick apart one, telling it's exact strengths and weaknesses, I'd appreciate it..

Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #12 
trilobite

The first one is, in my opinion how I like vts to look, all the fins match and look like theyre from the same fish ...but I dont know anything about vt standards just personal preference
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #13 
Basement Bettas

I did not get any details.. but from what I have seen in the older books.. my gut reaction is the second and last ones. They said the tail up and over like a veil. Top one may be young.. but his tail seems to go out rather than arch down.

That red would be a good start on a nice red line of VT's. Pretty good color. If people are serious about the VT.. this is probably going to be THE time to put your time and money where the mouth is so to speak. If the J board develops a standard.. and no one enters fish... probably going to be a cold day before they will ever do it again. You will hear they took the time and no one was interested enough to breed AND show. You have to commit to showing to get these fish established again. Color mish mashes will not cut it either. Need to breed the standard colors to the quality of the HM's if possible. Good reds and blues. Nice patterns on the marbles. Fairly clean pastels.. you get the idea.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote