Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #1 
peachii

Happy Planted tanks progress, Very picture heavy

I may have a slight addiction to plants, maybe just a small one. That is all I am admitting to. There seems to always be another plant that I just NEED to have.

Well. Maybe more than that, I've fallen completely in love with aquascaping and growing healthy plants in our tanks. Our fish at this point are the fertilizer and the decoration for our plants when it started as getting plants to make our bettas happy. They are so pretty and make the tank so much more alive that I recommend anyone with the lights to support plants to try it out. I am so thankful that Stone got my first tank as a present and then looked up, researched and got us started on our first planted tank as a surprise.

I've taken pictures of our tanks today and the progress we have made in the last 6/8 months - very picture heavy!

29 gallon female betta sorority, with albino, bronze and peppered corydora, 1 albino bristlenose pleco, 3 ottos, and purple mystery snail babies that were a recent present.

I am on the fence about the female bettas we currently have 12 and I love them so much but am having issues with the aggression they can have towards each other. If we cannot figure out which girl is the trouble maker, I am unsure if I will continue with female bettas because it tears my heart out to see them getting beaten up, my oldest girl Little Blue got beaten up badly last night by someone, she is the boss of the tank and has always been - on top of losing 2 girl bettas to some random illness/getting beaten up in the last 3 weeks. I've watched for hours and hours and cannot figure out which girl is doing it - absolutely heartbroken over it.

So anyway - pictures of my sorority progression.
Attached Images

peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #2 
peachii

Elvis Zen garden - 10 gallon

This is our giant betta Elvis's tank, soil planted with many different caps which we just switched to black diamond blasting sand a week ago and LOVE! His tank grows plants better than any other tank in the house, it's just amazing.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #3 
peachii

10 gallon betta home

This 10 gallon housed my Spoiled Brat until he came down with some mystery bloat/dropsy that we could not save him from, it was divided with another betta but after Spoiled Brat died we cut down the number of bettas and did away with the divider in this tank for another giant betta.

Harley the giant betta currently lives in the tank with a nice community of tank mates. 2 african dwarf frogs, harlequin rasboros and purple mystery snails
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #4 
peachii

5 gallon betta home

5 gallon started out divided and changed to non-divided so it could hold a beautiful piece of driftwood, ghost shrimp and purple mystery snails.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #5 
peachii

46 gallon community tank, No betta

This is our community tank in the bedroom. It's beautiful and doing very well, all tank mates are happy and healthy. It's miracle grow planted with a cap of sand and gravel on top.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #6 
peachii

1 gallon to 2 gallon betta tank

Clown is Stone's betta and he is a grumpy solitary fish. He absolutely does not want a bigger tank and is happy as can be in his little tank. He does not want tank mates and frequently flares and stares at Stone. His tank is beside where Stone sits on the couch.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #7 
OrangeAugust

Nice tanks!
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #8 
percyfyshshelley

Wow they're all so lovely!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #9 
jesssan2442

what's the stock of the 46??

I like the driftwood in the 5g!!! I love how the darknest contrasts with everything else!!

How big are you kings?? my mom really wants one so I'm just trying to find out what size they normally are!!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #10 
jadaBlu

Nice tanks! I like the one in the bedroom the best. Where did you get the grotto style decoration?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote