Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #1 
fishyinpa

Smile antibacterial fish food??

Well i wrote this long post on my phone,hit a button and it was gone lol. So im back on the puter...Anywho, I posted in the diseases forum,but i may not need their help now! I was at lfs and asked one of the employees about Morado. The funny coloring on his face,gills and stomach. He said it sounded bacterial and suggested jungle labs antibacterial fish food. He said some fish will eat it and some wont. Worth a try I guessed.

So just now I gave him two of those pellets just to see if he would eat it. Whatdya know...he ate it! Also something weird happened. Or amazing. I dunno. Like 2 seconds after he ate the pellets,his face colors changed! Like the paleness that was there,was gone. His stomach area even looked almost back to normal. His gills still look inflamed and red though. Im just wondering if im seeing things,or can this happen that fast?? If so....wow! Lol. He seems way happier now too....Before he was acting kinda erratic...clamped fins...was worried bout him....afterwards,hes happy and swimming like normal,and blowing bubbles!

Has anyone else tried this stuff before? They have an antiparastic fish food too,wondering how good that works for those fishys with that kinda problem...I thought he was constipated,but now i dont think so. I know fasting didnt hurt him any,but still makes ya feel bad! Lol...So yeah...Am i crazy or did that just happen?
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

That IS amazing that everything turned around so quuickly! Kim is using the antiparasitic medicine and is having good results with it, I think. Glad Morado is doing better! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #3 
fishyinpa

Oh okay cool! I checked him today,maybe not completely gone,but he is eating it. So I was told in the disease forum to feed it to him exclusively for 10 days and it should heal it all up. The more i look at it the more it does look bacterial. Cause fungus is like hairy or fuzzy,he doesnt have that. It just looks like it ate his face/gill/stomach skin a bit. Probably from being in that tiny bowl and nasty water for so long.

Last edited by fishyinpa; 03-10-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, 10 days is how long we have to take antibiotics for a cold. lol So I guess its the same for fish.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #5 
fishyinpa

yah i guess lol! Hopefully itll work and he will get better...else maybe his face area wont heal up but at least it wont hurt him any further. Plus he is in nice fresh dechlorinated water unlike at the fish place,so it shouldnt get worse or anything. Just takes some time.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think he'll be fine. He's got a good home with good care. :)
Old 03-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #7 
fishyinpa

Thanks! :)
Old 03-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're welcome! :)
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #9 
Kim

I'd be a little reluctant to believe that it happened that fast, but I'm not doubting what you saw. Maybe he was just really hungry and the food made him feel better! I have had good luck with products by Jungle Labs, and currently I'm having great results with their anitparasitic food. I couldn't kill those parasites with ANYTHING and finally this food is doing the trick :)

Anyway, good luck with it! He's a lucky little bugger to have you ;)

Dramaqueen: Where on earth did you get antibiotics for a cold?? Unless you had a bacterial cold...lol just kidding nothing like that exists. Wait, did you invent the miracle cure for a cold virus? Give me some!!! :P
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

Oh yeah...it was dark so i could have been seeing things...maybe it just perked him up and that changed his colors a bit. Cool! Good to hear...we shall how it goes...thanks Kim!!

Haha DQ i want that cure too!