Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #1 
DiiQue

Contest "to find the most original contest"

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
This contest is in no way sponsored by BettaFish.com or it's affiliates. I take full responsibility for said contest. Approval was granted by dramaqueen.

Background:
I'm out of ideas for an original contest and am asking for your help. To celebrate my daughter's first birthday coming up in May, I want to host another contest and wanted to spice things up a bit instead of the usual betta raffle.

Contest Rules:
I just need people to reply to this post with their "contest proposal". Give as much details as possible to what people need to do, how they would win, etc., etc. The more detail, the better.

Deadline for submissions is April 15, at midnight, Eastern Standard Time in the U.S.

I'll read all the entries and will choose the winner by April 20, 2013. That's it!

Prize:
The person who comes up with the winning contest will receive an electronic Amazon Gift Certificate in the amount of $50, which will be sent to your email address of record.

I will use the winning contest as a valid contest May 1, 2013. The person who came up with the idea will also be mentioned in that contest thread. Prize for that contest will be 1 AB Betta, with all expenses paid shipping to the winner's door (more details in that future thread).

So without further delay... GOOD LUCK and BRING THOSE CONTEST IDEAS ON!!!!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #2 
Artemis

Betta Birthday. Make a fishy cake, decorate the tank, and post pics of the whole party. Give the betta gifts to play with and fun stuff like that. That would be VERY fun. But make sure that the fish is NOT stressed, any fish that show signs of stress would be disqualified.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #3 
registereduser

How many ideas can we enter?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #4 
registereduser

"The Tankmates Photo Contest"

How about a beauty contest for our betta's tankmates? They can all be lumped together or you can offer categories like snails, shrimps, frogs and other community fish.

One close-up of the tankmate and then one photo of showing the betta and tankmate together.

Last edited by registereduser; 03-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #5 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
How many ideas can we enter?
One entry per person. :)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #6 
xShainax

The most colorful tank contest. I think we should have a contest to see who has the most colorful tank. Wackiest gravel, most colorful decorations, and other things you can think of
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #7 
Skyewillow

"DIY" - Betta Hacks
Spotlight the most creative home made betta "hacks" of using various items to help with betta keeping.
Example, the millions of uses of plastic canvas, ceramic decor, etc.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #8 
bniebetta

My idea is the theme: "The funniest thing my betta does/did."

The contest would choose the funniest story, picture or video of their betta fish doing or having done something very funny, starling, etc. The entries will be judged on both originality and humor. The selectors favorite will be the winner!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #9 
Janan

With spring in the air, you could have the tank with the best "spring" attire, flowers, bunnies, birds, etc.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #10 
Bombalurina

An aquascape inspired by something else. Entrants aquascape their tank (or somebody else's, as long as they did the scaping and design), and post a picture of what inspired them. For instance, someone may have been inspired by a Parisian street, so they post a photo of that street and a photo of the aquascape that resulted. It would not have to be an exact replica, but the colours or layout would reflect the overall feel of the scene that inspired them. :)

Entrants would be judged on three things: creativity, beauty and how true they were to what inspired them. (E.g. if someone was inspired by a volcano and did red and orange type things, that is more true to their inspiration than someone who posted a photo of a zen garden and did clown-puke gravel with a Spongebob hut. Likewise, someone inspired by Spongebob should not enter a zen garden photo).

The tank would not have to support a fish (for instance, it could be a 0.5 gal that they had just lying around) but it must hold water - after all, it's an aquascape! :)
Tanks could be any size and shape, and the scape could be temporary or permanent.
Photography skills would not be taken into account, but a clear photograph is essential.
The photograph of the inspiration does not have to be by the entrant - it can come from google images or anywhere else, as long as the source is acknowledged. :)

(Also, this is not my suggestion, but I really want to do a betta body-art comp, with eyeshadow, facepainting or tattoos! Not really practical, but fun! :p )

Congratulations on your daughter's birthday!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote