Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #1 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

I think we have a betta addiction... ^.^

So, as many of you know, after bringing Tiny Tina home, my girlfriend and I rescued Handsome Jack from near death. We figured that would be the end of our betta addiction. We were wrong.

The Petland by our house has a wonderful fishkeeper, and he always has a sorority of females. I was watching them, all colorful reds, blues, and purples, when I noticed a little grey runt with a swollen belly. She looked a little sick, perhaps just constipated. But she is absolutely tiny (like just over an inch long) and adorable. But as I watched, I noticed the other females picking on her. Whether because of her size of lack of color, they chased her around and around and the poor little girl was pale with insane fear stripes. Not only that, but she had bites out of her fin, where I'm guessing the other females beat her up. So we brought her home. :3

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome our newest addition, the third in our Borderlands group, and semi-rescue, the very grey and scared, Gaige:

^___^;
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #2 
Bailmint

Aww! Keep us updated on Gaige!!
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #3 
Seki

Oh my goodness, she reminds me of my baby, Tagalong!! She, too, was abused by her sorority-mates, though hers was more a case of close proximity and nowhere to hide. She was striped and fearful for a little while at home (a number of days, really), but she has really colored up now and is doing amazingly well.

I wish all the best for your new little girl! She looks like she'll color up to have red fins and a dark body~
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #4 
Kittiesdragons

Awww I bet she will be so lovely when she relaxes and shows her true colors! Plus I think Gaige is a pretty name :)
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #5 
ismintis

She's adorable, good luck! One of my good friends is named Gaige, it's really cute and unique :)
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #6 
jesssan2442

she reminds me of my mercedes!! I had the a tank she was in filled with so many plants i could hardly see her and she was still stressed for a few days, so just make sure you have lots of plants and caves for her... I also suggest keeping her in a dim room or maybe place a blanket or towel around the tank!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #7 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Thanks for your wellwishes, everyone! I love rescuing bettas, especially after our success with Handsome Jack. :3
And our little bullied fry is no exception.
Here's another picture of her that shows how stripy and tiny she is!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #8 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Aww she's adorable. I can't wait to see her grow up!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #9 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

THink she's going to end up being purple like the rest of the sorority she was with, but who knows. o.o WILD CARD BETTA
Old 07-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #10 
logisticsguy

With warm water, good food and some love she will grow like a weed. It can be tough watching a sorority when the lil ones get picked on. Glad you took her home. Did they give you a hatch date for her?
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
addiction, female, gaige, rescue, runt