Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #111 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I just can't believe Ramses is a VT! A Dragon VT no less! I've seen some pretty amazing VT's pop up, unfortunately none around here >.> lol They're all so handsome though! I'm glad you got all of them ^_^
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #112 
Huffle Puffles

Hmm, are DS/VTs a mix not seen often?
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #113 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I haven't seen many on the forum and definitely not around my area whatsoever. We get everything boring, all solid colored VT's which are nice don't get me wrong but I love all the "oddities" We hardly get anyone that looks like Skully either, or Koji for that matter XD lol we really don't have much a selection in any of our stores around the state.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #114 
BettaLover1313

I've seen some VTs in my area with scattered iridescence, but I've never seen a DSVT either. Most I've seen is some VTs with scattered irisdescence (Merlin & other VTs where he was sold at). All the interesting colored fish near me are HMs, PKs, or the females at PetSmart, definitely not the VTs, and maybe a couple CTs.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #115 
Huffle Puffles

Awwww, well thanks for letting me know that! :D I agree with you, I like the different fishies as well. I'd say hopefully your area gets in some funky fish, but you said you have enough, so I wont say it! *zips lips* XD! I actually go to a PetSmart in CT and the Pet Supply is right on the border of MA/CT. And there's a Petco in CT where we got Harley, they have a nice variety. Where I live there's really nothing, so I travel a little ways.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #116 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah there's two LFS's down my way in Westerly and then occasionally I'll visit the Petsmart/Petco in Warwick, half way up the state. I haven't gone into CT for stores but I know there is a Petsmart not too far away in Lisbon. That would be quite the drive for you lol, but I'm just rambling ^_^

But either way, there's really not many that are interesting. We don't get marbles around here....hmmm, maybe I should breed some....anyway and our DS's are very limited only to PK's and occasionally a HM here and there. All our girls are CT/VT and extremely boring, all are blue or black, rarely a yellow or a cellophane. I mean, they're nice colors except for when you're trying to make a sorority with not many twins in it lol, I've already got two sets! Thankfully one will be shipping out soon to her new home but, yeah, it's difficult to not get two of the same type of fish basically.

How I wish I could get new boy's, perhaps one day after we move and I'll be down to three boy's at that and the sorority on top. Maybe I'll find room for another special one then again, we'll be breeding so I don't think I should get another lol. It's crazy how I still have this horrible case of Betta Envy when I know I have plenty of good looking ones myself! Ugh, it pains me!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #117 
Huffle Puffles

Hehe, yea I know the betta envy thing! It really seriously irked me about that white/blue/black boy I left behind, so much that I couldn't enjoy Ramses. But I went back 2 days later and he was gone and then I knew that it was ment for me to of gotten Ramses. And then I gave him lots of bloodworms cause I felt terrible for even thinking like that. I gave him his very own photo shoot today (still have more photos to post!) just to let him know how handsome I do think he is. I said I would allow myself 6, and I'm going to wait until I find a really special boy and that will be the end of my betta buying (*coughs* for a while). I've decided to concentrate on learning how to do a planted tank, then from there, if all goes well, I have plans to get a 10 or 15 long tank and learn to cycle and all that. I've considered a sorority, but Mysti is aggressive, seriously, she attacks your finger until you take it away and when I put Skully in a bowl near her tank, she lunged at him. So I'm guessing she'd probably bully anyone in her spot. Which is fine, she can be my little anti-social girl. <3
Old 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #118 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, I said that about number 2, number 4 and number 7 >.> yet somehow I'm still at 8...for the males at least lmao I'm racking up girls left and right it seems though! But soon I'm hitting my tank limit and I like to keep it understocked so I have some wriggle room if anything goes wrong or anything.

I think half my problem is that all my boy's look very similar, either their some type of MG or they're some shade of blue....literally all we have is BLUE....I love blue and it's a problem since I would just get everything blue and then not be able to tell anything apart lol it's an issue. And then the other part is I'm not with them all the time so I don't get to stare at their pretty faces and I forget how beautiful they are lol. I find I do most of my online "shopping" when I'm at my mom's and aren't around my tanks, so that's an issue too XD

Can't wait to see all the handsome pics of Ramses though!!! He's so gorgeous!!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #119 
Huffle Puffles

I am half asleep but here are some pics!

He was flaring/showing off for Mysti!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #120 
Mar

I love Ramses' eyes.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote