Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #171 
Huffle Puffles

As of yesterday, I've had Mysti for 7 weeks! I was staring at her today and noticing her anal has a soft iridescence coming in now of a light blueish color, kinda like Ramses' body color. Before it was green. Dorsal and caudal are picking it up too. At first I thought it was white, but it's definitely a baby blueish color. The flash on the camera really picks it up but it's even noticeable now under my desk light. It's also starting to creep up the back half of her body, very faintly, but I can see it when she turns and catches the light. It's like someone sprinkled glitter on her. I dunno, maybe the colors aren't changing and it's different lighting and what not, but I'm gonna post the observations and see where they go.

She also loves when I make kissy faces, she'll swim over and notice me and play along the front of the tank, but if I start to make kissy faces, she starts to move her mouth like "I can do that too mommy!".

Hey! How'd that get back up there?

Haaaaiiiiiii

Don't I look like a little teardrop with eyeballs :D
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #172 
BettaLover1313

Wow! Just noticed that her side is really yellow! Very interesting to see that along with all her other color changes!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #173 
Phantom Miria

Lol Mysti is adorable!
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #174 
Huffle Puffles

BL1313, It is interesting. She's always been kinda yellowy in that area, I figured it had to do with the fact her ovaries are near there and she's sorta see thru so the color pops out

Thank you, Phantom :)

Here's my little squirt swimming around after a nice house cleaning this morning:
(click for video)

She still loves bubbles...I actually need to get her bubbler back into the tank, the air pump was starting to get really loud though.

She totally looks like she's sticking her bottom lip out in a pout!

Clear shot of the color creeping up her booty. And to answer my question, the coloring I saw yesterday does seem to depend on how the light hits, because today, green tones again. Good to know.

I moved her log and she was just staring at it for a few minutes like O_O WHAAAAT

So, ever have a total senior moment? I've been experiencing them more and more lately! Drove all the way to Petsmart to get some IAL and got all the way home only to realize, no IALs. I even walked by the area 3 times! Luckily I sort of have to go back to the area to return something to Michaels, bought a cute vase, got it home and realized the bottom was cracked. Just ugh!

Funny story, my dog is really well behaved, she never just takes food that she knows isn't ment to be hers, even when she does take food from your hand, she's so gentle, sometimes she even drops it because she doesn't grab it enough. Like I can leave my plate on the floor and I'll come back to her staring at it like "its on the floor....but I don't think its mine...so I've waited, NOW GIMME!" Well, I was super tired when I got home, ripped open a bag of treats, gave her one and threw the bag back in the other bag and plopped it on the floor before going about my business. Came back a little while later and she was nosing through the bag, which she always does, but this time she grabbed the treats bag and started trying to shake it! Intrigued, I stood there and watched. I really wanted to grab my camera but I didn't want to interrupt. That little stinker pulled the bag out, shook it around and threw it a few times before turning to me like "WHY YOU NO HELPS!?" so I watched a bit longer and she finally got her nose into the bag, but couldn't reach the threats I guess, so she plopped the bag down right side up, sat in front of it and looked at me. So I gave in, turned it on the side and wiggled one just to the front so she could grab it and feel like she had victory. Silly me, I just left the bag there and went downstairs to get a drink, came back up and she was laying with the bag. I said "aww poor bailey, still trying to get them o...*picks up bag...feels nothing inside..* what the...did you eat that whole bag!??!" Yeeeeep. Guess she figured out how to get them out. So I was like "Bailey! Did you eat them all!?" and she's not one to bark unless we talk, I can get her to "answer" me. She exclaimed in her loudest little bark. "YEP!". She was quite proud of herself. But how can I even get mad at this little face?

Please excuse the dent in the top of her head. I've learned to groom her myself after too many horror stories at groomers and sometimes we still have little "oopsies, I took too much off there" accidents. I figured it's better to have her furcut a little imperfect and know she's not being hurt.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #175 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah that really yellow triangular area IS her ovaries, that's what they look like! As she get's bigger, they won't grow much so right now since she's still on the smaller side of things, basically her ovaries are too big for her haha. It will all balance out as she grows up more!

Lovin those pictures of her though, really really nice looking! Your dog is too cute too! ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #176 
Huffle Puffles

Ah ha! You're so smart when it comes to all that, lilnaugrim ^_^!

Thank you!! And Bailey says thank you...by sitting up on her butt and snorting at me to give her, her vitamin XD!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #177 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Just things I picked up over the last few months ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #178 
BettaLover1313

Mysti is looking so adorable! Love your dog! Her haircut gives her character ;3
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #179 
Huffle Puffles

Thanks, BettaLover1313! LoL that's a cute way of looking at it. *tells Bailey her haircut just gives her character and gets the stink eye in response*
Old 08-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #180 
Huffle Puffles

Alright, I think Mysti has been playing in the Miracle Gro. Tried measuring her like two days ago and she seemed to be barely hitting the 1.5 inch mark and today she is well over the 1.5 inch mark, almost near the 1.75 mark! She just seems so big today! And she's darkening up again! Starting to get a heavier, grizzle(?) all over her body.

The boys are all doing well. I should be cleaning tanks today, but I was blow drying Bailey this morning when she hit a metal step ladder my mom left leaning against the bathroom wall and it came toppling down on top of my leg. Helloooo black-n-blue. Ugh. Just glad it landed on me and not her. I'm accident prone I tell ya, even when it's not my fault. Anyway, kneeling by the bathtub to rinse tanks out just doesn't seem like a good idea. So, they probably will be happy about that considering Harley, Koji and Skully have all built big bubble nests. I can hear them all day long doing it, especially at night when I'm laying in bed, *pop* *pop* *pop* it's so cute. I used to always know it was Harley, but now I have to look to see which of the three!

I seriously love her little pout <3

Get ready...

Get set...

and twirl!

now swimming away mad because it was just a bubble and not food

spotty

I can't get over how dark his face has become

Koji bubbles!

Skully bubbles!

Harley bubbles!