Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #181 
PonyJumper101

wow! those bubble nests are HUGE!
PonyJumper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #182 
Huffle Puffles

Ha, yea, funny enough that isn't even the biggest one Harley's ever made. He's filled the entire right side of his tank before. ^_^
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #183 
Huffle Puffles

Don't have much to ramble about today, got everyone but Skully's tank cleaned up, he did NOT wanna get into the cup so I said fine, I'll come back later. So just a few pictures, cause well, pictures are fun

Took out the second log in her tank, it had a small loop hole area and I was starting to worry she may get stuck in it. Pretty soon the other log may have to go too. Which is fine, I'd like to get a nice real piece of drift wood with some hidey areas.

Finally a clear shot today, everything else was a blurr

Exploring hidden treasures

Koji's eyes are BOTH going half light now. A rare glimpse of him without a flash. How different his colors are.

The red on Harley's fins is starting to spread...or has been spreading...it just really caught my eye today
(no flash)

(flash)
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #184 
BettaLover1313

If Harley, Skully, Ramses, or Mysti go missing, you may want to check my tanks first lol. They're all so beautiful!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #185 
Huffle Puffles

Well at least I know they'd be in another good home. hehe. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #186 
Huffle Puffles

I really hate holidays where they have sales, ok I mean I LOVE them, but I hate them because they make my brain hurt. Pet Supply sent me a $5 off a $30 purchase coupon...and they're having a $1 a gallon sale plus 20% off Aqueon filters, which I think I read are pretty decent, starting tomorrow. It's like they are pushing me to go buy more fishies and tanks! I've decided I'm going to go for a 10 gallon...I want a full on planted tank. I know, I know, I've said this before! But, my envy of all the beautiful ones I see on here is getting the better of me, haha! Plus, I need something new to fuss around with.

My thoughts are that I think I'm going to put Skully and Mysti together. He just watches and stares at her like she's the best thing since sliced bread. She flared like crazy at him for a few seconds today then was like "oh..its YOU...HIIIIIIIIIIIIII, my bad" *bats fins all ladylike*. I can fit it perfectly on the side of my desk where Mysti is now if I inch my monitor over a bit, so I can still see her. And I know Skully will love the extra attention, he gets so jealous when I'm over there taking pics of Ramses or Koji, he presses against that side of the tank and stares at me until I come back over to him then he swims around and poses. If that doesn't work out, I'll try Ramses and Koji maybe, they seem to get along in the fact that they'll flare, go about their business, flare, go on...but neither seems to be affected by it like Skully was, hunkering in the corner. I don't really want to put Harley in something with a current since his favorite thing to do is build bubble nests, I don't want to take that away from him, even though I think him and Skully would get along, both are chill. However I will upgrade him to whoevers 3 gallon becomes empty. Just saying the heck with it and starting a sorority in there is out, Mysti will bite the crap outta everyone in there. XD Then again, I may change my mind completely about it all, I do it so often. I dunno! But these are my thoughts for now, making note so I don't forget.

Ramses is starting to get some light green flecks on his body. At first I thought they were white and it was ich, but after closer examination, they're definitely a green/tealish color. The dark blue spot on his back has gotten bigger too. Thought that was a booboo from rubbing on his vase at first, but comparing to older pics, its always been there, just smaller. It's funny how one day you just look at your fishy and think "huh...has that always been there??"

"oooo there's a boy over there mommy!"

I was thinking of trying Harley's exercise routine...

Full speed ahead to Mysti's window!

I shall hypnotize you with my ruffly tail

Zoom, zoom

I see you eyeing my vase...don't even think about it

Swishy, swishy
Old 08-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #187 
Huffle Puffles

So yea, I finally did it! *stares at 10 gallon on the desk* Spent the last 5 hours setting it up and playing musical tanks with everyone. I am exhausted! - but happy. I got the gravel in, the filter going, heater on, set up Skully's side with some temporary decorations and put him in. He seems to be doing well so far. The current from the filter isn't bothering him. I keep watching and his side seems calm, no plants moving, he can sit still and not struggle, so that's good. The other side though seems to have a bit of movement so I'm still working on getting that down before I put Mysti in there. Skully will be my "fishy in" cycle. He's super good about getting into the waiting bowl so if I need to get him out of there in a hurry, I know he won't fight me. Mysti is currently hanging out in Harley's tank and Harley is now living in Skully's. I cleaned them out and put their own decorations in there first though. Tomorrow I'll move Ramses into Mysti's old one and we'll be set. Harley, Ramses and Koji will be living in the 3 gallon keepers on my working/crafting table. Mysti and Skully will be in the divided 10 gallon on my computer desk. I gave Mysti about an extra inch on her side since the filter is there and she darts around a little more than Skully does. He's more wander, look, wander wander, look. She's ZOOM ZOOM STOP LOOK PERK ZOOM ZOOM. More on progress later, now I shall go eat!

hello, welcome to my house, please wipe your feet
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #188 
BettaLover1313

Skully looks content in his new setup!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #189 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your fish are so pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #190 
Huffle Puffles

Thank you, dramaqueen! :D

I think he is content, BettaLover1313. I know Harley is looooving the extra space in the 3 gallon. But he's mad at me since I disturbed his bubble nest. I tried to scoop them back under the new IAL, but he sort of just looked at me like ..."REALLY...you think that's gonna cut it??" *grumpy face*.

I sorta rattled the 10 gallon today. I noticed the side without the filter wasn't getting any current and the water was getting filmy, so since he is the only one in there I yoinked the divider out. Oh boy, is he having fun in all that space. lol. I know how to fix the filter problem, either cutting the filter to fit over the divider or putting it on the opposite side so it hits the divider. But for now, he can have play time. I think I've baffled it pretty well, did the soda bottle thing then added a piece of craft mesh so the water comes out the tiny holes before hitting the plastic. Might add one more piece.

I'll probably post some pictures later, I just got home from a 6 hour trip to the mall! I can't believe we were there that long. But I had something custom airbrushed for a friend's birthday and they said it'd be ready in 2 hours...wasn't ready when I went back. The kid who took the order didn't even tell the airbrusher guy about it! -_- Oh well they did a great job, so that's all that matters. I also got some "fall scented" candles from Bath & Body. Yay!!! So ready for the cooler weather! Cider, pumpkins, fresh air. Who else is ready?! :D