Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #201 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh nom nom nom!!!! that sound Ammmmmazing!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #202 
Huffle Puffles

Geez, been a few days since I've actually done a good update. Time just flies sometimes!

I took the 10 gallon apart, it's sitting outside drying in the sun that's how 'apart' I took it. The filter started making a knocking sound and no matter how I tried, it wouldn't fix. I have the worst luck with filters. So I packed it up and will return it later this week. So I figured since I had to start all over again with the filter, I might as well just start really fresh when I actually have everything I need this time.

So that means Mysti has been hanging in the 1.75, which has been nice and much easier for me to clean so often. I think she kinda likes it too, it's got more of a jungley feel. I put Skully and her side by side so they can get used to seeing each other while I take my sweet butt time actually getting this tank together.

Mysti's still growing like a weed, her color changing has cooled down though from what I've noticed. I think I forgot to feed her - her meal last night because when I went to feed her this morning she jumped up and snatched her pellets outta my fingers then just looked at me like -___- YEA! Forget me will ya, HMPH!. Lil stinker.

Koji has new decorations for his tank...found some small ruins at Petsmart and thought he'd enjoy swimming around them since he's not really a cave dweller like the rest of them. So far, he has. Although he's really taken to blowing nests and flaring at Ramses, lol. All three boys blow bubbles like crazy now, I think being next to each other they're trying to out-do their neighbor.

Harley was upgraded to the bigger keeper and he's now got an actual cave instead of his beloved strawberry jar. I watched him closely hoping he wouldn't freak out since I changed it, but he seems to really love it! He went right in and poked his head out the small window like "What ever you're selling, I don't want any!"

*looks over at Ramses to see what to update about him and sees him flaring at Harley who's too busy bubble nesting to notice*

Patroling

Typical Ramses pose

Though Shalt Not Pass!

Bubble?

Buubbbllless :D!

Look how ridiculously green I'm getting ^_^

Do I blend in?

Wait...what's this...

PATOOEY! *spits* That's not FOOD!

Look! I can be my own Ying Yang!

Hey Skully! Hey! I can do that too! Look!

I don't like you!

Yea well feeling is mutual buddy!

And keep your bubbles on your own side of the desk!

*yells from down his way* Well I don't like EITHER of you!

HEY! *hides* who said that!?

Finnage

ho hum, thanks for noticing me

Weeee

I really, really love this shot of Harley!

Ugh! Boys! I can't even look at them.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #203 
Viva

LOL the captions are so ridiculously funny, haahahaha. I love the one where Mystery is spitting out what she thought was a piece of food...hehe!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #204 
Huffle Puffles

Thank you! Haha. I know! I was so happy I caught the shot of her doing that!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #205 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

hehe, yeah they all do that as well and I just facepalm each time XD Captions are great! Why are Mysti's ovaries so BIGGGG lol, crazy huge!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #206 
Huffle Puffles

Thanks! :D I dunno, but hopefully she grows into them/they don't cause any health problems. :\
Old 09-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #207 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I don't think they will, they just look so big lol. I think ovaries are different for each girl though because some of mine have big ones and other's have nearly non-existant ones....so it's just a thing I guess
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #208 
BettaLover1313

Love the captions! You really do have some beautiful fish!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #209 
Huffle Puffles

lilnaugrim, maybe that's why she's so huffy all the time, too much female hormones running through her system, hahaha.

BettaLover1313, Thank you very much ^_^

Well! I killed all my plants but one (minus the Lucky Bamboo, that doesn't count). LOL. But the one that is still alive actually has two baby leaves coming out, so something is going right there! The other ones just melted right off their stems/roots. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to try again! This time with plants that I actually know what they are.

Went all the way to Petsmart yesterday to go pick up a new filter and they don't stock the one I wanted in the store. Ugh. Was going to try the FluvalU1? I think that is what it's called. Tried the Aqueon Quietflo, WAS NOT QUIET! Tried the Topfin Power Filter 10, started to make a clackety sound after a week. So yea. Wish this Petsmart was bigger, they don't carry much, not even live plants aside from the prepackaged ones. I hope they at least get in the Halloween tank decorations. The little candy corn hideaway is too cute!

Cleaned out Mysti & Skully's tanks today. I really do think they will do well in the divided. They're so calm with each other. Just staring, watching, then they go about their business. Unlike all the boys, I take down the screens for even a second and it's a flare fest! Koji's actually in a tizzy right now, I didn't pull the screen out enough and he can see Ramses and he's darting around all puffed up. hehe.

So I freaked out because the temperatures here have dropped and the boys tanks are all reading low 70's, I have their heaters at 87 so I'm sitting here like WTF? Used Mysti's digital to get an exact reading, Koji's is around 74. Harley is at 72.7. Ramses is 72.0. I dunno what to do, there's only one more click to the heaters before they are maxed. That's a 15 degree difference. I even have the windows on that side of the room closed with my heavy drapes pulled over that half. I mean it's not THAT cold in here. *face palms*

(Edited to add pictures)

Hey! Who forgot to pay the heating bill?!

Nope, not posing today

WOULD YOU JUST POSE SO SHE CAN STOP FLASHING THE LIGHTS!

Nope, can't make me! *grumpy faces*

I can too fit in that hole if I squeeze my fins reeeeal tight! (excuse the poo)

Hey, don't gimme that look, you'd rest your fins too

Hiiiii *waves fin*

Lookie! Baby bubbles!

Peek-a-boo...

*zooms under leaf and pops out* I found you!!

ok, ok, my turn, I hide and you find me!

Last edited by Huffle Puffles; 09-07-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #210 
BettaLover1313

lol the boys are all grumpy and Mysti is still her usual perky self! Love it! I can't get over her gorgeous eyes! They're just so pretty!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote