Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #211 
Huffle Puffles

I know she's the lil brat of the pack, always sassing around and looking at me with those doe eyes like "FEED ME", "PLAY WITH ME", "ME ME ME, STOP PLAYING WITH THOSE STUUUPID BOYS". XD
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #212 
Huffle Puffles

Cleaned Koji, Skully and Harley's homes today. Also organized all my beads. Woo! Feeling accomplished! We're having a yard sale this weekend, so I wanted to have their tanks done so I wouldn't have to worry about it for the next few days.

OM NOM NOM (wish this would of been clearer)

Classic Mr. Fussy Pants face

BURP!

BUUUURP!

BUUUUUUUUURP! I WIN!

Holy cow...what'd you eat o_o

Ew.

Excuse me Mr. Pebble but my pellet fell under you
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #213 
BettaLover1313

lol with the burping contest and then the remarks from Mysti & Skully were awesome!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #214 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

LMAO! Loved this and needed that for my day, thank you!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #215 
Viva

Lol!!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #216 
Huffle Puffles

Glad y'all enjoyed my, ehem, classy boys XD!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #217 
Huffle Puffles

Yay! It got warmer here again and my tanks are keeping steady at about 80, got Mysti's up to about 83.8 today, I'm happy for now.

My two new decorations for the 10 gallon should be arriving tomorrow, yay to that too. Just need to get a filter, clip-on light and my plants, and then I can try it again.

I can't believe it's only been a little bit over 2 months since I've gotten Mysti! Feels like we've been on this adventure so much longer. Maybe because I'm so attached to her sassy lil' self. Yes, sassy, Miss IMA BITE CHUR FINGER, had a nibble fest on my thumb instead of getting into her cuppy today and when that no longer satisfied her she jumped up and 'bit' the side of my hand. It's okay, I put a pellet in the cup and I won.

Koji's underwater ruins

I can has noms?

Glittery

That better be an EXTERNAL thermometer! D:

Nom Nom Nom I like to eat my feets while sporting some major bed head

aaaaand back to sleeps
Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #218 
Huffle Puffles

Noticed that as beautiful as Koji's scales have grown around his face...they're now starting to paint over his eyes. I really, really hope he doesn't end up blind, I'd be so sad for him because he just loves to swim around and explore everything. But if he does end up that way, I'll just take all the ornaments out and line the walls with silk plants and give him a sort of padded room so he doesn't have to worry about bumping things. It's just a bit right now, so hopefully we have a long ways until that would actually happen.

Ramses may have the start of some fin rot, I'm not 100% sure. But with their tanks fluctuating with the temps so much I wouldn't doubt something going wrong. I can't tell 100% because he barely leaves his new plant. I even have to feed him in it. But the tips of his dorsal look a bit ragged/brown. I know he naturally has that sort of coloring, but it just looked off today. I'm doing a water change on everyone tomorrow, so I will cup him and get a closer look. This is my note to myself so I don't forget! *shakes finger at future-self*

On the upswing, I received my IALs I ordered today, wasn't expecting them for at least another few days, so that was a nice surprise! Harley has already built a bubble kingdom under one, haha! The two decorations for the 10 gallon came too. Yay! I...think...I like them. I think with some really cool wispy type plants around them, it'll have a neat sunken artifacts sort of feel.

Had a visit from an alien species today aka a leaf bug. Poor little, well, big guy spent a few hours trying to figure out how to get out of the screened in part of the sliding door. Question is how did he get in there in the first place?! The wedge was too thin for him to squeeze through, he kept trying, backing up, trying a little higher, little lower. I tried moving the screen so he could maybe get out the other way, but nope, he kept hitting his wings. He was quite the trooper, moving about pretty quickly considering he was minus a leg. Finally he finally clung to the glass and I just took the screen door out of the tracks and he got out and landed in the tree by the deck. But not before I got pics! lol.

Holy cow are these things HUGE

what o_o

Can you see the bit of fin from the busy bee?

Excuse me, I'm trying to work here!

My plant, tra la laaa!

My plant *creeper stare*

Hello! I can...sorta...see you

Uh oh, someone's a grumpy face

Nyah.

Okay all done!

Ornaments

Alien invasion!

Let me oooooout

They're watching yooooou
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #219 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Actually it just looks like his eye is turned, that's pretty common in all Betta's but it's usually just more apparent in Dragon Scales is all. When they turn their eye's you'll see more of their "lid" which looks like DS'ing over their eye's but it's actually not

Love the pics of Harley building his nest under the IAL ^_^ too cute
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #220 
Huffle Puffles

Hmm, maybe, hopefully! But I've never noticed it before. I know that he has the scale/iridescence ring around his eye, but this is two areas on each eye coming up from the nose area. Maybe you can see it more so on this pic. I dunno, hopefully you're right! Just the first time I've stopped and been like "huh..what's that?" It looks like someone took a whiteout pen and dabbed the corners of his "tear duct" area when I look at him straight on. More I compare the pics, it seems like it's just the iridescence creeping over the eye rather than thick scaling.