Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #271 
Huffle Puffles

thank you madyjane and yea, I guess he did, lol. I always sorta considered him my little gothy boy. <3
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #272 
Huffle Puffles

Just a note for myself, because I know once I throw the packaging away I will stop and think "huh...now what was the name of that plant again!?" Just bought a Topfin prepackaged Telanthera Cardinalis plant today. I'll probably end up killing it, but it was too pretty to pass up. ^_^ Also, picked up a bottle of SeaChem Flourish. I have root tabs, but this seems easier then sticking my hand in the tank all the time and stirring up the substrate.

Also exchanged my filter for a new one since the one I had DIED ALREADY. Seriously, less than a week and it pooped out. When it comes to filters, I have the worst luck ever. I just changed out the filter because there was no way I was going to tear down the entire tank since it came in a "kit" and I kept the filter media too, since it's already got 5 days worth of 'cycling'.

One of the Petsmart employees brought a gerbil to the front with a 'free to good' home sign. Apparently he'd been there a while so they wanted him to get a home. I was so tempted to rescue the little cutie, but my mother is deathly afraid of anything "mouse like" I hope he finds a home soon!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #273 
Huffle Puffles

Sooo, I made a big mess today. Wanted to add the new plant I bought yesterday in the tank, and ended up moving everything around and stirring up the substrate so bad my tank got super cloudy. Ugh. It's finally starting to settle for the most part. I finally gave in and added some of the clarifier it came with. Had taken Mysti out of the tank while all that was going on and let it run on high for a half hour before I let her back in. Twisted her log around and she's using it more, yay. Picked up a two pack of 6500k daylight bulbs so hopefully they help. Oh! I also put a root tab under each plant. Noticed that two of the stems of wisteria were dead. Bleh. REALLY hoping that my new plant, which I've forgotten the name of as I knew I would, survives. It's so pretty. Oh, lol, I also had to add a bit more substrate as my dwarf hair grass got loose again and tried to float away.

It's a start

You can see her struggle a bit with the current, I moved the cup a little since the water is cloudy I wanted it to filter a bit more tonight. I'll move it back tomorrow.
(click for video)
Old 10-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #274 
Catladywithafish

How is the fry doing, I also got fry from Petco. One has been home 4 weeks and the other two a week. What color did your guy become, and ideal on the sex. Sorry for your loss on the big one. It never easy. Ok, I see the photos,
Catladywithafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #275 
Huffle Puffles

The fry turned into the female posted in the video above. She's doing very well :D
Old 10-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #276 
BettaLover1313

Mysti is just too cute!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #277 
Huffle Puffles

Thank you BettaLover1313 :)

I went and purchased two little ghost shrimp today. Cute guy was at Petco again. Ugh. Seriously, he's so adorable. Anyway, Mysti and them have been playing hide and seek all day long. One of them (Batman) jumps off things and quickly descends into the depths of a hideaway spot, the other (Joker) likes to hide where Mysti can't see him then lunge out at her, taunt then jump outta reach. She's been patrolling the tank like crazy since I put them in there, hope they all get used to each other in a day or two. There's plenty of hiding spots, but I noticed they like the back corners so I bought a teeny tiny terracotta pot and made a shrimp only hideout so at least they will have one no fishy spot. Fed Mysti a little extra tonight so hopefully there's no all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet.

Water is still super cloudy so I also snagged a gravel vac tonight and I'm going to suck the gravel and all the dust off the plants and maybe reduce the water by about half...*sees a shrimp dart across the tank out the corner of my eye, followed by a too slow fishy*...tomorrow and see if it clears up a bit.

Plants feel good. Gave them a little tug while I was putting the pot in and nothing felt melty or broke in my hand, so that's a plus. Guess the tabs/ferts/light are helping. ^_^

Tomorrow is tank cleaning day for the boys, so if I think of it, I'll take a few piccies and update on them.

Mysti: *swim, swim, swim* la de da
(Maniacal shrimp laughter in the background)
Mysti: *Stops* o_O what the heck was that....

Can you spot Joker? :p
Old 10-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #278 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, I found him ^_^

She's so cute ^_^ yeah, hopefully the buffet will be closed as long as they're in there I find though they don't go after ghost shrimp as much as like RCS or the smaller shrimp, Ghosties are small compared to like Amano's but they're also very good at hiding so hopefully they can stay out of Mysti's way!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #279 
Huffle Puffles

They really are good at hiding! At least one made it through the night, I see him wedged in a spot partially under the log...and apparently Mysti sees him too. She just stopped to look at him and he jumped out and *poof* gone again. Not sure where the other one is. But, at least it gives her something to do.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #280 
Huffle Puffles

Guess I spoke too soon. She just killed one of them -_-