Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #281 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aww well darn :-/ guess it's good they're less than half a dollar, but still sucks.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #282 
Huffle Puffles

Been a while, again.

Mysti is a certified killer. She killed the second shrimp while I went to shower, right after I had decided he would get a new home in the morning since she seemed to be getting more aggressive towards him. I figured he was hiding in his pot and would stay there until morning. Guess I thought wrong. She's such a stinker, when I came back in, she picked him up and started throwing him around like "LOOK MOM! LOOK WHAT I DID!" -.- B-R-A-T. So now what? I'm thinking maybe a snail...at least those can retreat into their shell, and I'll perhaps go for a larger one.

I ended up killing the "pretty plant". Don't know why, but it just turned to mush. The other three plants are doing well, one of them has already sprouted twice. But they are covered in a brownish algae? It comes off when I wipe it, which I've been trying to do while sucking things up with the gravel vac...but it'd be nice if I could get something living in there to eat what I miss, like a snail.

Mysti is doing good otherwise. She's gotten SO big. Her knew favorite thing is to wedge herself at the top of the heater and let the baffled filter water run over her. Strange lil thing.

Harley is still being fussy with his food. I have to feed him one pellet at a time otherwise he puts them in his mouth and spits them out one by one.

Koji has gotten even darker. I thought something was wrong with his mouth at first, but it's just that it is completely black now.

Ramses is finally starting to get better I think. I'd been tannin soaking him, cleaning his tank, etc etc and his tail got worse and worse, so I finally pieced together that his tail seemed to take a dive for the worse after I got him that new plant, took it out two or three days ago and it seems that his tail has stopped shredding. So hopefully it was just that. It was a silk plant, but the little nubs holding the leaves together were a little hard, not sharp, just hard. So I stuck it in Koji's tank after boiling it (just incase). He doesn't lounge in it like Ramses did, it's just a good divider between their tanks.

Relaxing

Exploring

Now the other side

Full speed ahead

Guarding the log

Darkened

Down we go

Getting better

Anti-social

Go away

She gets me out of bed, so she can do this

Freshly bathed

Gave Bailey a bath yesterday and she had, had enough of laying on the bathroom floor while I dried her, so I plopped her on her pillow throne so she could look out the window. She was being all cute so - a little video of me drying her. She LOVES the hair dryer. She will actually fuss if I'm drying my hair and don't give her a little bit of time with it sometimes. I was trying hard not to get her ear/face too much, but you can see her rub her face cause it tickled. And yes, that's her "What!? No more?!" face at the end.
(click for video)
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #283 
Viva

Omg mystery has grown into a beautiful betta, she looks amazinggg!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #284 
Huffle Puffles

Thank you, Viva :)
Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #285 
Quinn

A certified killer, now she's REALLY a girl after little Tails' heart! (He STILL doesn't have a name so he may be stuck with Tails, as I called him that as a baby before I knew gender, personality, etc). Tails has also had some fun with shrimp. He ate the eyes off of a cherry shrimp a few weeks ago... And then once the poor thing died he had tons of fun playing with the body after stealing it from a snacking Mystery Snail. Much to my dismay of course. I am DETERMINED to make him behave darn it, I want my shrimp! :P
Your boys are very handsome too. I really wish I had the space for more tanks and more prettttyyyy fish!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #286 
BettaLover1313

Mysti is just adorable! Love the video of your dog! That was way too cute!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #287 
erinbirdsong

Ok so I just sat here instead of working and read all 29 pages of your thread... Your captions and pics are hilarious. You have some beautiful bettas. You are an awesome fish mommy and your doggy is precious. Now I better go get some work done before I get in trouble...
erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #288 
Huffle Puffles

Quinn - OMG. At least we know what their first date would be. Shrimp huntin', lol. She did the same thing, she was throwing the dead shrimp's body around like a toy. I let her eat a little bit then I took him out. So at least he became a bit of food and didn't just die so she could have fun. I like the name Tails. He looks sorta punk rockery to me with his colors and finnage. So Tails sounds like a stage/nick-name sorta thing.

BettaLover1313 - Thank you Bailey just loves to get fussed over. I'm a little OCD about being clean so she knows what "Lets wipe your bum bum" means and goes and runs to sit by the potty to get cleaned. "Lets sit under the dryer!" and she runs and waits then jumps in my lap on the floor. She knows "bath time!" too and if I say "shower time" she grabs a cookie and lays in front of the shower and waits for me. It's adorable.

erinbirdsong - Wow! You deserve a cookie or something for reading all of that!! Thank you so much for your compliments and kind words! !!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #289 
Huffle Puffles

Is this time change killing anyone else? I know it's only an hour difference but man, it's thrown me completely off.

Got all the boy's water changed today. I've decided that when all the holiday sales start, I'm going to purchase them a 15 long tank if I can get one on sale. They've all been living next to each other for a while now and the flaring isn't bad at all. I think we will all be happier in the long run. Poor guys get taken out of their tanks twice a week. I'm planning on redoing my bedroom and I think a nice 15 gal and a pretty stand will look great right under my window. So for now, that's the plan.

Tomorrow's plan is to go to Petco and pick up a few more plants for Mysti's tank and a snail or two, if they have any black ones. I was there on, hm, Saturday? And all the snails in the tank were dead but one, I bought it since I felt bad he had to live in a tank of all his dead family...but he never came out of his shell, so I took him back. They said they'd get a new shipment in on Wednesday. I've got a slight bloom of green and brown algae going on. I try to scrape it off the plants with my fingers when I vac, but it comes back reasonably fast. But Mysti totally beat on the snail's shell so I will need to beef up the plants and hiding spots for them.

Harley is fine.

Koji's eyes are starting to color over even more. One of them has a thick piece of scale even. But he's getting around still, so I assume there's no problem with sight.

Ramses...my problem child. His fins seem to be doing alright, but now his back is torn up? Where his dorsal meets his back the scales are raised like he rubbed against something. There's also a lump on his back. So I'll be keeping an eye on those things now. His scales also seem to be getting thicker? If that's possible. Posting pics down below.

MY cave, no stinky boys allowed!

Hmm...what's in here...

and what's over here...

Greeeen

RAWR! I don't like you mirror image!

Contortionist!

Buuuurp.

Help! Help! My fins are outta control!

I uh, I ment to do that..

TRALALALLAALALAA!!!!

Oh please lady, don't even look at me like that, I see you dancing around all crazy too. DO NOT JUDGE ME!

Oye. That boy's crazy.

Don't look at me like you're expecting ME to do something crazy.

I SAID IM NOT DOING ANYTHING CRAZY

And the boo-boo pic. :(

Growth!!

and now I shall go face-plant into my bed! z.z
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #290 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I've been doing reasonably well with the time change actually, this one is so much easier than the one in spring!

OMG, I love love love the picture of Harley dancing! TRALALAL! lol and the pic of Ramses yelling too cute! Poor baby though, any decorations he could scrape it on? If so, take it out for now to see if he heals up.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote