Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #61 
Viva

Mysti gets curse everyday. She looks yellow or gold now! So cool! I swear my baby bettas never slept either...they would just constantly be roaming the tank looking for little bits of food or staring at me waiting for their nomnoms.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #62 
Huffle Puffles

@Viva - Thanks! I know she does sleep, I've caught her a few times, but normally no matter the time I wake up, she's there, staring at me.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #63 
Viva

I just noticed cuter autocorrected to curse in my previous post...smh.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #64 
Huffle Puffles

I assumed that's what you meant - I speak autocorrect very well!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #65 
Huffle Puffles

Just a few pics. I got Koji to flare for like a second at the mirror today. Wish the picture would of come out a bit better, but at least I got to see his fins spread out, they're normally narrowed cause he's zooming around the tank.

Mental note: Order him the freaking cave already. I've had it sitting in my shopping cart on Amazon for like 3 days now. >.<

Mysti!
Someone ate like a little piglet today. I didn't realize I had a few extra pellets on my finger and they got into the tank, she ate them before I could even think about scooping them out.

Edit: added more pics >.>

Last edited by Huffle Puffles; 07-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #66 
BettaLover1313

AWWWW! Mystery is just too adorable!!! Koji is also awesome!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #67 
ao
TFK Moderator

teehee too cute! I feed babies ALOT XD as much as I would feed an adult and sometimes more

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #68 
Huffle Puffles

@BettaLover1313 - Thank you

@aokashi - Thank you I usually feed her 4-5 times a day with 2-4 little pellets and I sneak a bloodworm treat in there once a day, usually after we play a round of 'follow the finger'. I know I do need to get more of a variety in there though, for her and the boys.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #69 
Huffle Puffles

Koji and Mysti got their tanks cleaned today. After I filled Koji's tank up I realized there was still dust particles coming off his new gravel so I emptied it and refilled it, waited for it to heat back up and plopped him in, then had a mini heart attack when I realized I forgot to put water conditioner in the second time. But he was only in the water like 5 minutes before I realized so I don't think there was any harm done, thank goodness. His new heater finally came today so hopefully I can get his water a nice steady 78-80 degrees rather than the 74-76 it's been at, seriously, those "pre-heated" heaters just do not work (for me at least). It was a temporary one anyway.

OH! I really noticed that Mysti has an egg spot now. I kind of saw it in a picture the other day, but it's really noticeable now. My baby's growing up!! And she's so SHINEY. I really do think she'll have some sort of golden/yellow in her coloring when she grows up. I keep speculating, I'm just anxious to see!

Harley is going home one day this week. I'm really going to miss him, we've kind of bonded. But my aunt has decided to put him in the office at work, so I'll see him when I go in, it'll be a new part of my job to clean his tank, ha ha. But now I'll have an empty spot on my nightstand...

...and I'm headed to Petco tomorrow, I have to return a dog grooming table and paw trimmer I bought online, both items came defective, kind of annoyed by that. AND the third Kritter Keeper I purchased, you know, for uhm, just incase? *coughs* arrived completely scratched up. Sooo yea, gonna head there and since I know they restock bettas on Tuesdays, I must go have a little peeksies at what they got in. I really do find it relaxing to lay in bed and watch Harley's tail just swaying around in the water. I think I'd like to get another longer finned boy for there. That way I'll have a rounded family, a girl, a short plakat boy and a boy with fancier finnage. I guess we shall see.

Geez I typed a lot, I'm just trying to pass the time waiting for Mysti's water to heat back up, takes forever to hit 80. She's just swimming around and around in her waiting bowl again. I still don't understand how she doesn't get dizzy! She only stops to get mad at the towel I have wrapped around the bowl. I can almost hear her yelling "HEY, HEY YOU! You're blocking my view!" Anyhoos, onto the pics...

Take a breath.

Can you see my egg spot?

You can see it here too!

Up, up and away!

IMA BITE CHU!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #70 
Viva

Mysti is the cutest baby ever! I just LOVE her coloring!! She's growing up fast :D