Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #1 
SeaKnight

Gouramis, Oscars and Bettas Oh my!!!!!

Ok, so I had most of my Guppies die off and the Molly babies are doing wonderfully well, Soooooo we decided it was time to do some stock rearranging... I moved the Mollies into the Hex with the Parents and Platys (been about 2 weeks now) added Flame Gouramis to my 29 and was getting ready to start up the 10 gallon for a Betta tank... Well, my husband had other plans!!!! Guess who is getting a 75 gallon to add to the Collection??? That's right ME!!!!! My Husband came across a couple of Baby (give or take 6 months old) Oscars that were in pretty poor conditions and decided to bring them home... They are now currently in the 10 gallon "recovering" until we can pick up the 75 in a couple of weeks.... And yes I know they will most likely need a bigger 100+ gallon tank in the future (DH was already planning on setting one up in the future, guess it'll just be happening a whole lot sooner than expected).... Sooo I guess my Betta tank will once again have to wait....

Of course all this depends on whether they make it through the next few days...
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #2 
jaysee
Reference Team

Oscars grow FAST. I know it might seem a little silly to get a 125 for these baby fish, but unless you plan on keeping the 75 when you upgrade the oscars, you should just go right to the larger tank. The 75 will last them about a year.

Sent from Petguide.com App
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #3 
SeaKnight

Oh I understand, it's just that right now anything over a 75 is a little out of our price range (We would have to purchase an entire setup for over 75 gallons and space is currently also an issue.) and I don't want to leave them in the 10 gallon too long... DH has been contemplating setting up a 100+ gallon for quite some time now, things just haven't lined up for it to happen as of yet... We should be back on track within the next couple of months so, by September/October we should be able to get the 100+. Unless of course I am able to find a used 100+ set up for around the same price as the 75....

Last edited by SeaKnight; 07-08-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #4 
jaysee
Reference Team

I sold a 75 (bought it used for 275, sold it for 250) and a 30 gallon, which paid for (and made room for) my second 125 ($300 - tank, stand, tops and light). There are good deals out there - you just have to be patient in waiting for them. AND, you have to act fast! Good deals don't last long My first 125 was $500 (tank, stand, lights, tops, XP4 and a wet/dry filter) - good considering the quality components I got with it.

Last edited by jaysee; 07-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #5 
SeaKnight

Oh believe me, I'm always looking. Just saw one just yesterday, before he brought the Oscars home, that was I think a ?150? for free everything included, the catch was you had to take the 3 Pond Goldfish (they looked to be the size of KOI) too.... I've seen others going for around 2-3 hundred only problem by the time I saw the ad it was already sold....

Last edited by SeaKnight; 07-08-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #6 
jaysee
Reference Team

I would have jumped on the 150 for free and dropped the goldfish off at the LFS on my way home. But yeah, you have to be the first person to respond
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #7 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
I would have jumped on the 150 for free and dropped the goldfish off at the LFS on my way home. But yeah, you have to be the first person to respond

I probably would have if I had known he was going to be bringing home the Oscars, that and I had a place to drop off the Goldfish..